mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Transfer Midi To Cubase"

Posted on: May 18, 2009 @ 03:03 PM
nostaljak
Total Posts:  13
Joined  03-29-2009

Hi. I don’t even know where to start reading for this and what is it called in Motif Terms. But I would like to transfer the patterns I recorded into the ES to Cubase with separate channels for easier arrangement and editing of notes? All suggestions appreciated

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2009 @ 08:25 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

You could save the midi file on a USB stick and load that file
into Cubase.
Then use the command “Dissolve Parts”.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2009 @ 10:37 PM
nostaljak
Total Posts:  13
Joined  03-29-2009

thanks sciuri. I figured out a way to do it track by track. an interesting observation. I noticed the timing of the midi recorded in the es (quatized) once transfered to cubase does not align with the cubase grid but it does not cause me any audible problem. does the es really create its own groves?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2009 @ 06:24 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
nostaljak - 23 May 2009 10:37 PM

thanks sciuri. I figured out a way to do it track by track. an interesting observation. I noticed the timing of the midi recorded in the es (quatized) once transfered to cubase does not align with the cubase grid but it does not cause me any audible problem. does the es really create its own groves?

You should go to Device Setup in Cubase, select Windows MIDI option and check (select) option “USE SYSTEM TIMESTAMP”. Than your MIDI recordings from Motif will be aligned with Cubase grid.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sampling problem
Next Topic:

Pitch adjustment to a vocal recording ››