mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sampling problem"

Posted on: May 17, 2009 @ 11:46 PM
Dick_Burns
Total Posts:  19
Joined  01-13-2007

I just put in some memory so that I could load wav’s and sample, the problem is that when playing back samples or wav’s there is terrible distortion or buzzing most of the time.

It’s not a level issue as sometimes the sample plays back fine, press the key again and it’s distorted.

For example when I press C3 to play the sample:

1st time - distorted
2nd time - just crackling noise
3rd time - sample plays just fine
4th time - distorted

etc…

I bought the memory from the shop on this site (Keyfax) so it shouldn’t be incompatible. I’m going to reseat the memory but I’m not counting on that to fix it.

Anybody else experienced this problem or have suggestions?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 17, 2009 @ 11:49 PM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

This does sound like a RAM issue to me. I had a similar problem in the past and it turned out to be a faulty RAM stick. Hopefully re-seating the memory will work!

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2009 @ 12:01 AM
Dick_Burns
Joined  01-13-2007

Reseating didn’t work :(

I swapped their locations as well.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I’ll see what my replacement options are.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 05, 2009 @ 08:43 PM
Dick_Burns
Joined  01-13-2007

Update

Motifator sent me advance replacements and were very helpful. Recieved the new memory and still have the same problem. Before I sent back the other dimms I tried all combinations out of the 4 and still no luck.

Motifator support said that it’s not bad dimms then. I called Yamaha support and they say to take it to a tech. (Minimum of 3 week turnaround at my local repair shop so that is not an option)

The weird thing is that if a load a sample 100% of the time if I hit the key and immediately release and hit the key again before the sample ends the sample plays without noise or distortion on the 2nd keypress.

Does anyone know of anything that might possibly fix this problem?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2009 @ 03:19 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry you are having such a problem with your sample RAM.

Here are a few things to try. Have you loaded any of the sample libraries (known quantity). For example a Motif ES Sample Library?

Try loading a known library and let us know what happens. This way we can eliminate any problems with the data… If you still have the Motif ES SOUND LIBRARY CDROM you can load any of the VOICE libraries from there.

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2009 @ 09:15 PM
Dick_Burns
Joined  01-13-2007

I bought my Motif used and the seller didn’t have the CD rom. However the same behavior occurs when I resample the internal tone generator so I don’t think the problem comes down to the wav files that I am loading.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Remote Control function on ES
Next Topic:

Transfer Midi To Cubase ››