mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Remote Control function on ES"

Posted on: May 16, 2009 @ 08:21 PM
b3davis
Total Posts:  4
Joined  05-16-2009

Hi -

Professional keyboardist touring internationally with rock band.  I own a Motif 7 (classic) and use the Remote Control function quite nicely with Reason 4.0.  However, most of our gigs require us to fly, and all gear is usually back-lined.

Everytime I’ve been given a Motif ES keyboard, the Remote Control function will NOT turn on.  Can not find anything in User’s Manual about that...though I’m sure I’m missing something.

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to turn on the Remote Control function on Motif ES keyboards?  Simply pushing the Remote Control On/Off button doesn’t seem to work....

Thanks!

B3Davis

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 17, 2009 @ 07:18 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
b3davis - 16 May 2009 08:21 PM

Hi -

Professional keyboardist touring internationally with rock band.  I own a Motif 7 (classic) and use the Remote Control function quite nicely with Reason 4.0.  However, most of our gigs require us to fly, and all gear is usually back-lined.

Everytime I’ve been given a Motif ES keyboard, the Remote Control function will NOT turn on.  Can not find anything in User’s Manual about that...though I’m sure I’m missing something.

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to turn on the Remote Control function on Motif ES keyboards?  Simply pushing the Remote Control On/Off button doesn’t seem to work....

Thanks!

B3Davis

You are right when you say that simply pushing the Remote Control button doesn’t work. You should at first set MIDI in/out on ES and Remote Control function, since your ES doesn’t know immediately what DAW you are using on computer. See page 148 of Owner’s manual for details. Also, you should set your DAW (Reason 4.0) to communicate via same port 4 as you previosly set in ES. If you are using own computer on any stage, then you should only set ES.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Anyway to midi swich away from track 1 in song mode
Next Topic:

Sampling problem ››