mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ES8 SM Card Error: “Disk or Card Write Protected”"

Posted on: May 06, 2009 @ 04:12 AM
gondo
Total Posts:  42
Joined  03-15-2009

I want to update my OS from v1.06 to 1.08 and amy trying to format my generic 128MB SmartMedia card in the ES8, but I get the above error every time.

The card works fine on my Vista computer, and I think I made a mistake when I formatted it on the computer after clearing off some photos (taken by an old Olympus digicam). I’ve read that apparently destroys some specific formatting block needed for the card to be read corectly by non-computer devices.

Anyway, I’m looking for solutions to the problem or perhaps an alternative method to updating the ES operating system. From the research I’ve done, it seems like the best bet would be to buy an old SmartMedia card reader (Dazzle Zio) and run SMPREP.EXE or SMFORMAT.EXE to get the card back to its original state. And it might have to be done under Windows 98, egads! Then, if I’m lucky, maybe it will work with my ES?? I’m hopoing there’s an easier way - besides buying a new card.

Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2009 @ 09:25 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
gondo - 06 May 2009 04:12 AM

I want to update my OS from v1.06 to 1.08 and amy trying to format my generic 128MB SmartMedia card in the ES8, but I get the above error every time.

The card works fine on my Vista computer, and I think I made a mistake when I formatted it on the computer after clearing off some photos (taken by an old Olympus digicam). I’ve read that apparently destroys some specific formatting block needed for the card to be read corectly by non-computer devices.

Anyway, I’m looking for solutions to the problem or perhaps an alternative method to updating the ES operating system. From the research I’ve done, it seems like the best bet would be to buy an old SmartMedia card reader (Dazzle Zio) and run SMPREP.EXE or SMFORMAT.EXE to get the card back to its original state. And it might have to be done under Windows 98, egads! Then, if I’m lucky, maybe it will work with my ES?? I’m hopoing there’s an easier way - besides buying a new card.

Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated!

This and similar questions are very often. ES recognizes only FAT or FAT16 formats, not FAT32. Since you didn’t mentioned, I suppose that you have formated your card to FAT32. That’s why it works on Vista, but not on ES. Try to format (on computer) to FAT and don’t use quick format option.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS OS version ???
Next Topic:

XS voice sound similiar to ES. ››