mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Aftertouch component"

Posted on: April 28, 2009 @ 10:02 AM
Metheny
Total Posts:  142
Joined  12-02-2005

Hi,

I have the Motif ES 6, and the aftertouch has stopped working for me (I’ve asked about it here some time ago, and with the help of one of the forum members, I made sure it wasn’t working).
The keyboard was disassembled not long ago, so my guess is that the aftertouch component somehow got disfunctional.

Lately I’ve obtained the service manual, but I couldn’t find anything meaningful that has to do with the aftertouch.
Can anyone point to the place in the manual where this is mentioned, or tell me the location?

Please don’t send me to the lab, since they charge a very high price for anything that demands disassembling the keyboard.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2009 @ 03:41 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Aftertouch is a string under the keys.
If it is displaced it won’t work.
So ....... disassemble again.
Good luck.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2009 @ 03:18 PM
dfahrner
Total Posts:  67
Joined  03-10-2009

I think that on the ES6/7, aftertouch is a plastic strip under the keys at about the end of the black keys (actually two plastic strips, and the resistance between them varies as you apply pressure to a depressed key).  As I remember, the plasic strip comes out at the treble end and loops back to the keyboard circuit board, where circuitry senses the resistance.  You might remove the back of the instrument and check to see if the plastic strip is still connected to the circuit board, at about the middle of the keyboard.

Leaving things unconnected after disassembly must be a common problem with the Motif - there are a lot of wires and cables...the USB cables and a couple of chassis ground points were unconnected on the used ES7 that I recently acquired…

df

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Computer Requirements
Next Topic:

Help with Synth Arp! ››