mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ES as an Effects Processor"

Posted on: April 26, 2009 @ 06:51 PM
Z3pup
Total Posts:  196
Joined  07-05-2004

Just out of curiosity, are the reverbs and other effects on the Motif ES any good compared to stand alone plugins one might use?  I have the Essentials version of Waves and the built in stuff from Digidesign in Pro Tools, but I realized I could use the Motif too.  Any thoughts/ experiences with this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2009 @ 11:46 PM
Z3pup
Total Posts:  196
Joined  07-05-2004

No one?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2009 @ 01:45 AM
mcmusic
Total Posts:  18
Joined  07-12-2006

I think the some of the reverbs and guitar distortion-type effects are great. 

If you want to hear some reverb effects from the Motif in a mix, see the link below and play “Sing a New Song (Outro)”.  Actually, the songs were mixed completely in the Motif ES (loaded wav files into tracks in song mode, applied insert effects, eq, etc.) so all the reverbs are of course from the Motif ES. 

Actually, all the songs on the website were mixed on the Motif ES and use Motif reverbs, except “Wanted” was recorded in a simple home studio, mixed in Logic Studio using mostly Logic stock effects. 

http://www.beyonddestinyrocks.com

I would use the Motif reverb with Logic Studio mixes, however, the mLan routing gets complex and going through process of setting it up takes me a while.  So I normally end up using the stock reverbs in Logic Studio, which seem pretty good to me.

Matt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2009 @ 05:48 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
Z3pup - 26 April 2009 06:51 PM

Just out of curiosity, are the reverbs and other effects on the Motif ES any good compared to stand alone plugins one might use?  I have the Essentials version of Waves and the built in stuff from Digidesign in Pro Tools, but I realized I could use the Motif too.  Any thoughts/ experiences with this?

I have some VST plug-ins that are very good effect processors, like IK Multimedia CSR and T-Racks. But, when my friend (who is guitar player and plays his guitar through software effects on PC) plug his guitar to ES and I make some effect settings both for rock and jazz, he said that he would buy Motif for only that purpose!! I could also tell you that I’m very satisfied, both with recorded music and when I played live through power speakers. And lot of people that hear my music said that it sounds ‘pro’. Since some of them are musicians, I should beleive them :).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mac and Digital Performer
Next Topic:

Computer Requirements ››