mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Mod wheel triggering arpegio HELP needed"

Posted on: April 26, 2009 @ 12:45 PM
killadaninja
Total Posts:  6
Joined  08-30-2008

hey all i have a problem in my daw when i link a controller to my mod wheel using cc1 that control then turns on/off the arpeggio button does anyone have a clue whats going on here?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 26, 2009 @ 01:54 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) lol… sounds like you have your MIDI ports crossed. If, for example, you send Remote Control commands on the same port as you are setup to “play” normally, very strange things can start to happen.

If you are truly stuck post how you have things configured (details) and we’ll be happy to help you sort it out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 26, 2009 @ 04:55 PM
killadaninja
Joined  08-30-2008

Bad Mister im not sure if you was explaining to me that MIDI was happening lol if you was then yes im fully aware of this i have a fair understanding of midi. okay i have my motif into my soundcard my sound card into my computer i also have a midi controller usb straight into my computer now i setup a midi out within my daw assign it to port 1 and lets say channel 1 but (this remains the same throught all channles)
i can now play the motif i use the motif within song mode choosing whatever samples for that track, im 99.9 percent sure im doing the right thing here as i havent encountered no problems by doing this and i thinkts the way its ment to be done, my midi controller works fine i can use that to trigger the motif now i can then configure and assign midi controls within my daw to my midi controller and everythoing works fine ie i can use my midi controller to tweek buttons within my daw which within turn then tweeks the motif basically on the midi out within my daw lets say iset up a button with the cc#73 i then assign this button to one on my midi controller and it will work fine i can tweek that button on my controller that will move the button on my daw which will change the attackk tme f the motif on channel 1 i can do this with all controls except modulation even if i leave my midi controller out of the concoction and just try assigning the controller on my daw to the motifs mod and use the motifs wheel i get the same thing arp is beion turned on, is there any reason you could think of has y all ctrls are woking except mod, okay heres a few things to help you if i dont assign no controls to the motif just open up my daw which is fl and setup a midi out thge pitch will work automatically without setting up nothing, whilst the modwheel does absoloutly nothing now if i turn localctrl in the motif on then use the mod wheel it triggers the arp on/offffff however if i setup a button on the midi out channel within my daw and assign it to the modwheel with cc1 instructions then it doesnt matter if local control is on or off the mod will trigger arp either way, this may help you to track the problem anover thing is if i then change that midi out to channel 2 then the light on the motif the arp light remains on but the sample on trhat channel will play normally please ask any questions u need to again i appreciate ur time andabout my spellin jeeps

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 26, 2009 @ 06:04 PM
killadaninja
Joined  08-30-2008

okay i done a factory reset and now mod is working properly

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ mlan: yes of no?
Next Topic:

Mac and Digital Performer ››