mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Plug ins are not getting along with my mlan for ES"

Posted on: April 08, 2009 @ 02:59 AM
jesuscares
Total Posts:  149
Joined  11-03-2005

I set up my ES with Mlan & been doing some basic recording on Nuendo on my XP machine.I sometimes switch to other USB interfaces like Tascam & my Line 6POD X3L guitar processor.I find I am able to use external plugins on my DAW without any problem when I use a different interface other than MLAN.But when I use the motif Mlan interface these plugins dont work well or they make some kinda scratchy sound.Obviously they dont seem to get along with the Mlan interface.
What is the problem?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2009 @ 10:58 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Analyzing ‘scrathcy’ sounds without more information is always difficult. But one culprit could be you are near or at the limit of you computer when running those plug-ins and running the ASIO mLAN driver. You may need to increase the BUFFER size to accommodate your CPU.

Go to DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP > VST AUDIO SYSTEM and find the CONTROL PANEL… increase the buffer size so your CPU is not struggling.

If you are doing lots of processing and the increase in buffer size pushes you past the comfortable latency point, then you can give your CPU a break by FREEZING some of the tracks that are involved in realtime processing. Or alternatively process them with VST3 Effects whenever or wherever possible as these dynamically allocate your CPU resources (they do not use CPU power when they are not actively processing signal).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2009 @ 08:35 AM
wanton
Total Posts:  15
Joined  04-26-2009

I have a GO44 and the sound that happens when I use another program such as Windows Explorer, is this sound you are talking about.

Yamaha generally have a very bad 1394 implementation, this much is true.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2009 @ 07:10 PM
JeffB1963
Total Posts:  71
Joined  12-06-2007
wanton - 29 April 2009 08:35 AM

I have a GO44 and the sound that happens when I use another program such as Windows Explorer, is this sound you are talking about.

Yamaha generally have a very bad 1394 implementation, this much is true.

I don’t agree.

I use an i88x in my studio with no issues whatsoever.

I also use a Motif ES6 with mLan16e on stage with my laptop at a buffer setting of 64 night in, night out with no problems whatsoever.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2009 @ 09:19 PM
wanton
Total Posts:  15
Joined  04-26-2009

Do you use XP by chance?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2009 @ 08:18 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Obviously when setup properly you can get absolutely great results from your gear. If (and there can be many reasons why) you don’t have things properly configured you can get less than stellar results. I would say that by far the vast majority of users find they can get stellar results.

If you are not getting ther results your require, you should either consult your Customer Support representative or try and get some help. But to conclude that Yamaha 1394 implementation doesn’t work, is only to state your own individual woes, not a general fact.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Ducking
Next Topic:

Sustain command in sequencer fails... ››