mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOTIF 7 won’t turn on - replace power supply?"

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 01:34 PM
d88keyz
Total Posts:  55
Joined  06-22-2003

my MOTIF 7 Classic won’t turn on.  I just took it to my local store, but I don’t know if they know anything about it.

is there a replaceable power supply on it?

will the board be “dead”

anyone have (ever) a similar problem?

think it’s critical or a small thing?

plug it on...push power...it does nothing.  it wasn’t dropped or anything.  unplugged in Sunday afternoon, loaded it up in the case, in the car, unloaded it monday and set it back up....and nothing.  no lights turn on...nothing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 02:37 PM
LeTutankhamen
Total Posts:  23
Joined  12-16-2008

I have seen other Keyboards with fuses and would first want to put my hands on that, if I were you, before going any further.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2009 @ 09:02 AM
smk
Total Posts:  13
Joined  10-20-2005

Same problem with my ES6.  Where is the fuse?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2009 @ 10:16 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36648
Joined  07-30-2002

You can do a search for the closest authorized repair center (USA):
Servicer Locator The Motif is a COMBO product.

If the link does not take you there, go to:

http://www.yamaha.com/usa

Service & Support

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 19, 2009 @ 03:32 AM
snod_donkey
Total Posts:  3
Joined  12-19-2009

Sounds stupid but if you ever have this sort of problem… try another power cable first..... it does happen!!!

Not had a look inside mine but im sure it will have a switch mode psu. This should unplug and be easy to remove. It might have a blown fuse but if you do replace this make sure its the same value as they normaly blow for a reason..... you could cause more problems if not carful. The power supply will be fixable but take it somewhere that knows what they are doing. Someone like a tv repair engineer should be able to sort this if its just the power supply at fault. If you could remove the power unit and just take that they could test it and repair without the synth.

[ Ignore ]