mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MM6 Footswitch"

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 11:05 PM
mleads
Total Posts:  6
Joined  01-15-2009

I need help from the masters!

Can I use a regular footswitch to start the MM6 to play a sequence or do I have to press the start button everytime?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 12:07 PM
tnicoson
Total Posts:  53
Joined  10-17-2008

The foot controller connection on the back of the MM6/8 is strictly for volume control, not sequencer transport control.  As far as some type of midi foot controller, the MM6/8 midi implementation does not appear to support sequencer transport control via midi.

Sorry !

Regards,

Ted

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 01:52 PM
mleads
Joined  01-15-2009

Thanks for responding Ted...much appreciated.  It’s too bad that the foot switch does not function as I thought (and the salesman thought) but I really do like the MM6 for my needs.

One other thought, is it possible to plug in a midi style foot switch using the midi plug and program it to send a start command?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 05:48 PM
tnicoson
Joined  10-17-2008

Afraid that won’t work either.  You might be able to play notes or change chords in the pattern player with a midi foot controller, but the sequencer transport controls (play, stop, fast forward, etc.) are isolated from the outside world.  They only respond to the front panel controls.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 08:37 PM
mleads
Joined  01-15-2009

I see...do other higher end keyboards allow for a foot switch start?

And thanks for your input!  I’ve been wrestling with this problem a while and you are the first person I’ve talked with that understands this keyboard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 11:23 PM
tnicoson
Joined  10-17-2008

As far as I know, all keyboards, even the high end, are like the MM6/8.  The foot switch jack is for controlling the volume with a pedal.  Roland made a line of keyboards some years ago that had an assignable foot switch jack, but it was still for controlling the audio - volume, turning effects on and off, etc.  It could not be used as a remote control for the sequencer.  What the higher end keyboards DO allow is control of the sequencer by DAW software on a computer via the MIDI IN or USB connector.

I ran a Google search and went into the sites of several of the musical equipment super stores to see if anyone made what you are looking for, but I did not come up with anything.  Maybe you should design and patent one yourself, but I am not sure how much market there would be for it.

Sorry I couldn’t help.

Regards,

Ted

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2009 @ 06:11 PM
mleads
Joined  01-15-2009

Thanks Ted!  You are the Master!

Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 31, 2009 @ 12:16 AM
normanb
Total Posts:  103
Joined  12-29-2006

Check out the Yamaha MFC10. I have used to to stop and start the sequencer on my MO8 via the midi in port. (I just happened across you post while searching for something unrelated).

[ Ignore ]