mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Defective Touch sensivity"

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 12:47 PM
MAROVINU
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-16-2009

Hello Friends,

Could anybody help me please?, I’m getting some troubles with the touch sensivity of some keys in my MO6. When I press softly the B5 key, it sounds very loud, like I have played with all my force, I have been living with this problem for around some mounths, but yesterday others keys began with same problem! especially F#2, so now I can´t play because some keys sound extremely loud when I touch them very softly.

These problems just turned up suddenly, the keyboard was in the stand one day, and in the other day the problems started. In both cases the previous day I was playing for around 4 initerrupted hours.

The touch sensivity system seems to be damaged, is there something I can do to rapair this?.

Please help me, thanks a lot

Roberto

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2009 @ 04:37 PM
joe_lee_sy
Total Posts:  12
Joined  03-16-2009

it’s probably the best to contact the Yamaha Support in your country - u can find them on http://www.yamahasynth.com Support section

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2009 @ 01:59 AM
musicmanian
Total Posts:  3
Joined  04-24-2009

Hi, I have the same problem with my MO6 too.  i’ve had my keyboard for a year.  It started right before the year mark.  First my e flat, then the b flat, then 4 or 5 other keys started ringing loud no matter how sensitive I played.  Please let me know what the service guys say or how u fixed the problem. Let me know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2009 @ 12:28 PM
Wastrel
Total Posts:  630
Joined  10-22-2004

I would probably do a system factory reset - after saving all of your data of course. Then, if the problem persists it is probably a mechanical or electrical failure and you would need to have it serviced.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2009 @ 01:27 PM
musicmanian
Joined  04-24-2009

how do you do a system factory reset?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2009 @ 01:35 PM
Machuson
Total Posts:  168
Joined  07-09-2008

see manual - pg 26

please tell us if that resolves your issue

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2009 @ 01:47 PM
musicmanian
Joined  04-24-2009

Is Resetting the User Memory to the Initial
Factory Settings the same as system factory restore? I tried resetting the user memory to the factory settings.  Still same problem. The velocity is ringing out on max on the same 5 keys

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2009 @ 04:31 PM
Machuson
Joined  07-09-2008

the instructions on page 26 are the only ones in the manual for any kind of factory settings

it’s the only thing I know of

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2009 @ 06:02 PM
Wastrel
Joined  10-22-2004
musicmanian - 24 April 2009 01:47 PM

Is Resetting the User Memory to the Initial
Factory Settings the same as system factory restore? I tried resetting the user memory to the factory settings.  Still same problem. The velocity is ringing out on max on the same 5 keys

Broke :(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 12, 2009 @ 12:06 PM
MAROVINU
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-16-2009

Hey friends, I solved the trouble of touch sensivity defective, well the keyboard just was needing a cleaning maintenance, when you push a key it makes contact through a rubber board inside the machine, so because of use, this rubber board gets dirty in the conctact places whith the key, you just have to clean it (in the rubber board), or buy another rubber board (I don´t know its axactly name) and replace it, of course, you need to open your machine, be careful with all the screws, cables, boards and switches inside just to put together all parts again!. I did it because I don´t have a yamaha service office near. Now I realized that I need to buy as a spare one of these rubber boards to replace it in a future.

Well I hope I could help you!

Regards

Roberto

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 12, 2009 @ 05:41 PM
Wastrel
Joined  10-22-2004

Congratulations Roberto! Good for you for diagnosing and fixing the problem yourself. I’m glad it worked out.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 13, 2009 @ 06:53 PM
Machuson
Joined  07-09-2008

brave move, glad it worked for you

not sure I could have brought myself open mine up…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New to Yamaha...What are ES mega sounds ?
Next Topic:

Sustain Issue ››