mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Bulk Data Timeout Error - Nooooooo!!!!"

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 08:05 AM
ged@madefresh.net
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-12-2009

I have been using the multi editor in studio manager software with my Motif ES6. Nice and handy.

Now, I tried to use the Voice editor software and I get a bulk data timeout message when trying to receive the voice bulk data from the motif.

I can still send/receive bulk in Multi part editor, and the voice editor will also send. (When I click on a user voice in voice editor, it initializes that voice number on my motif...not good).

So everything works except for Receive Midi Bulk in the Voice editor, which unfortunately makes the Voice Editor useless.

Using the studio manager 2.3.0 as a stand alone via USB on Quad 2.5 GHz G5, MAC OS 10.4.11. The Motif is plugged into a powered hub. I also have a DIGI 003 for an interface but I’m not using it, nor is it turned on in the studio manager.

So far I’ve:

- Disabled the Thru on the USB midi interface control panel.

- Changed the Thru Port on the Motif to an unused port.

- Checked my ports and device numbers 3,236 times. They’re fine.

- Reinstalled YAMAHA USB drivers.

- Unplugged everything USB but the mouse, keyboard, and motif.

- Said “F**K It”, and smoked a cigarette.

- Updated to the latest compatible versions of Voice Editor and Multipart Editor.

Basically I googled and looked at quite a few postings of similar problems, but nothing is exactly like what I’m describing. It must mean I’m special.

The only thing I can imagine is something USB related. It does pass through a hub, and has to travel about 10 feet.

Or there’s an obscure setting on the Motif that I’m missing. I’m in [Voice] mode, and my ports are matched up. I’m not sure what else there is. I feel like I’ve tried everything, but usually when I fix these things its a simple oversight or I discover some new software/hardware conflict.

If anyone calls themselves a guru, I NEED SOME IDEAS!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 09:34 AM
scottrod
Total Posts:  122
Joined  06-14-2005

From your post it sounds like you can bulk upload mixing setups in the multi-part editor. 

Have you tried doing a bulk upload of voices in the multi-part editor and not the voice editor?  You can, you know.

I’d give it a try. You can access it in the multi-part editor from the menu bar. See if you can get a good upload there, then you know it is strictly in the voice editor setup or interface.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 11:29 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

“I can still send/receive bulk in Multi part editor, and the voice editor will also send. (When I click on a user voice in voice editor, it initializes that voice number on my motif...not good).”

Actually that is a good thing. If you click on an INIT VOICE in the Voice Editor it is supposed to send that data to the EDIT buffer of your Motif ES. If you click on a Voice in the Voice Editor it will send the VOICE to the Edit buffer of the ES. That is what it does. It does not STORE it to the ES, in fact if you move away and comeback you will see that it was only in the temporary edit buffer.

You gave us a lot of information but fell short of telling us how you have the PORTS configured on the Motif ES VOICE EDITOR. All you say is they are “matched up” (?). To what… That would be critical information.

Open the VOICE EDITOR and click on SETUP > SETUP and tell us exactly what the PORTS read. Particularly if there is an “N/A” anywhere to be seen.

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 05:47 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

As Bad Mister said, you have probably “N/A” right to the name of USB port in Setup menu. This error I had when I used already set Cubase-Studio Manager with Motif MIDI with another MIDI keyboard. To prevail this problem, you should setup your Studio Manager (transmit User voice banks from Motif to SM) and save these settings to SM setup file (Export option, File menu). Than, when you work on another project and call SM, you don’t need to load your voice banks again, just import saved setup. This will also keep your MIDI port settings if you, as I did, change your MIDI equipment ocasionally.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 11:28 PM
ged@madefresh.net
Joined  03-12-2009
Bad_Mister - 12 March 2009 11:29 AM

“I can still send/receive bulk in Multi part editor, and the voice editor will also send. (When I click on a user voice in voice editor, it initializes that voice number on my motif...not good).”

Actually that is a good thing. If you click on an INIT VOICE in the Voice Editor it is supposed to send that data to the EDIT buffer of your Motif ES. If you click on a Voice in the Voice Editor it will send the VOICE to the Edit buffer of the ES. That is what it does. It does not STORE it to the ES, in fact if you move away and comeback you will see that it was only in the temporary edit buffer.

You gave us a lot of information but fell short of telling us how you have the PORTS configured on the Motif ES VOICE EDITOR. All you say is they are “matched up” (?). To what… That would be critical information.

Open the VOICE EDITOR and click on SETUP > SETUP and tell us exactly what the PORTS read. Particularly if there is an “N/A” anywhere to be seen.

Let us know.

Yeah, I’m on Motif Port 1 for in & out in both the voice editor and multi part editor.
In Multi Part I’ve turned the remote ports off.
I’ve tried to use the different ports for the multi editor and the voice editor w/ the same result.

Its a pretty consistent error. Everything is set up according to the manuals and everything works fine except for the voice bulk data receive. Whether I try to sync from the studio manager, multi part editor or the voice editor. So whatever it is, its specific to receiving voice data, because it transmits the empty user voices to the edit buffer of the motif.

I’ve increased the Bulk data interval to 100ms and that doesn’t seem to make a difference.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 03:01 PM
EvolutionAV
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-18-2009

I’m having the same trouble...first time I’ve tried to used the voice editor and it wants me to set it up.  I have selected Midi Port in/out to Yamaha USB in/out 0-1.  I keep getting a bulk receive time out error.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 07:02 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

A Time Out Error is almost always a port configuration issue.

You must make the PORTS available in Studio Manager, then connect the Editor to those Ports. If you want help with this please provide some details.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 07:07 PM
EvolutionAV
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-18-2009

Hmmm....Studio Editor?  Don’t believe I have that application...didn’t see it on the tools CD.  I have the Voice Editor, and the Multi-Part Editor, plus I installed the TWE Wave Editor and the Audio Mixer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 09:53 AM
knonball
Total Posts:  1
Joined  03-25-2009

Same problem : ( .

Multi-part editor send : OK
Multi-part editor receive : OK
Voice Editor send : OK
Voice Editor receive : Bulk Data Timeout Error

It’s seems that a lot of users have this problem..... why ??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 07:26 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Guys,

As Bad_Mister said:

A Time Out Error is almost always a port configuration issue.

You must make the PORTS available in Studio Manager, then connect the Editor to those Ports.

You MUST setup ports in Studio Manager, Port 1 for Motif,
Port 3 for remote control of Multi Editor and Port 4 for your’s DAW (Cubase, Logic, etc.). So, to conclude, whether you are using remote control or not, you should set Ports. In other case, you could expect some problems when sending data from Motif to computer and vice versa.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2009 @ 11:12 AM
FrankieSluggo7
Joined  08-07-2009

Hi Folks!

I too am having fits with the timeouts. I have tried an endless array of port combinations and even tried a Tascam US122 with midi between my Motif ES6 and Macbook. I ended up needing a powered USB hub because I learned the hard way that new Macs don’t supply enough power to the usb ports to power devices like my trusty US122 interface. Hours and hours of fiddling. I have recorded audio to Logic and even got midi response there, but no luck whatsoever with Studio Manager. Frustrating of course and it has to be something stupidly simple; I’m just blind to it so far.

thanks,

Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2009 @ 07:57 AM
cherrydews
Total Posts:  1
Joined  11-18-2009
EvolutionAV - 25 March 2009 03:01 PM

I’m having the same trouble...first time I’ve tried to used the voice editor and it wants me to set it up.  I have selected Midi Port in/out to Yamaha USB in/out 0-1.  I keep getting a bulk receive time out error.

Yeah me too..Tried some of the suggetions above. But it’s still not working. Any option perhaps?

Regards,
cherrydews
Pret voiture

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2009 @ 07:39 PM
tonyggg
Total Posts:  43
Joined  11-15-2009

I too am having fits with the timeouts.

+1

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic: