mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Moog organ sound"

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 05:21 PM
BC
Total Posts:  53
Joined  02-23-2009

Hello,

I have an XS8 and I’m trying to find the sound closest to a Moog organ. I’m after a Moog sound similar to the one used in the song The Entertainer by Billy Joel.

I’m also after the synth sounds used in Gimme, Gimme, Gimme by ABBA.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

BC

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 12:27 AM
BajaCapt
Total Posts:  326
Joined  03-25-2008
BC - 10 March 2009 05:21 PM

Hello,

I have an XS8 and I’m trying to find the sound closest to a Moog organ. I’m after a Moog sound similar to the one used in the song The Entertainer by Billy Joel.

I’m also after the synth sounds used in Gimme, Gimme, Gimme by ABBA.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

BC

BC
For the Billy Joel song download the latest expanded banks, the one with the 3 banks in an ALL file, and go to USER 2 C10, from there to C16 are several Minimoog sounds, some come very close, and with some tweaking could be just what you want. Also try USER 2 D01. C12 (Styx Moog) comes very close!

For the ABBA tune at the intro try PRE 4 (Ambient Pizza) but tweak it a bit, the UNIT MULTIPLY helps to bring it close.. I think it has also a sweep effect like PRE 5 H12 (Xtreme Sweep), try overlaying it on a separate track…
This was just a very quick search in my XS7 (with the Xpanded sounds), but I there are plenty more similar sounds in there.

Jose.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 01:31 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

The confusing thing about this post was the question about a “Moog organ”. What the original post referred to was a Moog synthesizer, not an organ.

There was actually a “Moog organ” produced in the 70’s by the Thomas organ company - a “plastic” Cordovox organ which incorporated a Moog Satellite monophonic synth. However, that product was not used on the Billy Joel or ABBA tracks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 01:51 PM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1535
Joined  05-08-2004

I really like the moog voices DCP did in the classic VK’s. The moog stuff he did for the XS VK’s dont seem to be as authentic.

Although im no expert on the moog sound

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 05:45 PM
synthlogic
Total Posts:  481
Joined  11-13-2008
DavePolich - 11 March 2009 01:31 PM

The confusing thing about this post was the question about a “Moog organ”. What the original post referred to was a Moog synthesizer, not an organ.

I was just going to say that! Thanks Dave.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 06:34 PM
BajaCapt
Total Posts:  326
Joined  03-25-2008

What I did was I went to IMEEM.com and listened to the songs he mentions in his post, there is definitively several sounds that come close to what he wants, just a matter of tweaking them till a good result is achieved.
In the other hand however, it is important to have the terminology right, i must point out that while “Moog Organ” didn’t sound right, I knew what he meant… I am new to synths, and music production in general, so I am at the “sponge” stage, absorbing all the knowledge I can, just like to help in what I can as well, I gotten lots of good help here, just giving a bit back.
BTW, no word on original poster, hope you get those sounds going BC, good luck man ;)

Jose.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2009 @ 02:54 PM
BC
Total Posts:  53
Joined  02-23-2009

Hi all,

Just to let you know I’ve managed to sort out some decent sounds for the ABBA stuff.

Thanks for all your help.

BC

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New FW--driver, VST3 editor and Powercore FW-driver
Next Topic:

Classic breaks for motif xs ››