mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "new OS for ES.."

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 05:27 PM
zisidisnikos
Total Posts:  57
Joined  09-22-2008

I want..something new...like more arpegiator...no 1 but 4 like XS..and more other.
i have and motif XS,but i want powerfull and my ES..
yamaha TEAM ..dont forget the MOTIF ES…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 09:01 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

That’s not going to happen… I wouldn’t expect to see any new features for the Motif ES - only bug fixes (and very few of them). Yamaha’s development efforts are going to be on their current platform (the XS) and the generation of products after that.

Brad

(The comments above are mine and mine alone, I do not work for Yamaha or any company associated with them… I would however be willing to lay good odds on my statement.)

;^)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 03:19 AM
ECRISIS
Total Posts:  65
Joined  03-15-2004

an update to the ES/os would be nice

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 04:01 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Let’s ignore all posts that start “I want ...”

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 07, 2009 @ 05:58 PM
THE ORIGINAL MISTASMOKE
Total Posts:  4
Joined  12-20-2007

I want and demand a FW audio out mlan update like the XS people got.  That is complete disrespect to the ES users who can’t snatch up every thing Yamaha puts out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2009 @ 02:23 AM
sciuriware
Joined  08-18-2003

From your profile I can see that you don’t have any gear and are living nowhere.
Ignored.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 10, 2009 @ 04:13 AM
shawalan
Total Posts:  4
Joined  10-17-2007

Hey folks, remember this is strictly business. Yamaha does musical instrument business and if older version users need any features that are included into newer versions, keep it in your mind that you have option to buy a newer version.  More money can be generated out of newer product even though that force you to buy newer products while you still own older one. Who cares if you throw away the older version or play ping pong on it.

lol :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 10, 2009 @ 09:23 PM
midinut
Total Posts:  93
Joined  02-21-2009

If you just absolutely MUST have the latest and greatest XS series, you can always sell your ES and recoup half to two-thirds of what you will spend on the XS. The ES resale value is good because it’s a great board still. It also has PLG expansion capabilities (which the XS series doesn’t). I bought into the ES myself specifically for the PLG expansions. If I really want to add the XS, I can always grab a XS rack!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2009 @ 06:55 AM
zisidisnikos
Joined  09-22-2008

others wanted to say.
I want a simple OS upgrades for MOTIF ES..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2009 @ 06:55 AM
zisidisnikos
Joined  09-22-2008

others wanted to say.
I want a simple OS upgrades for MOTIF ES..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2009 @ 08:32 AM
sciuriware
Joined  08-18-2003

The ES is great, but frozen ............................

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2009 @ 06:21 AM
KingVidBina
Total Posts:  14
Joined  07-24-2008

Yeah… please Yamaha fix that transition between voices deal. Even the new XS doesn’t fix that “old” problem. And don’t just forget about your ES customers. Give us a update, I like the ES more then I do the XS. So don’t leave cats like me hanging. I’m one of those cats who’s too busy making music. I’m not gonna buy a instrument every 3-4 years (because of little extras). I buy instruments from manufacturers that provide long-term support. We are not talking about consumer electronics here… we’re talking about devices that are build to last many years. Don’t disappoint us. Discontinued shouldn’t mean that we should completely ignore every suggestion to improve the ES. Fix the smooth transitions for the ES and the XS. Right now, honestly, I still prefer my ES8 over that “new and amazing” XS. You haven’t convinced me yet. This ES baby rocks the house, when she needs to!!! :D

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2009 @ 11:16 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Just a reality check… the Motif ES came out in 2003 that’s more than 6 years ago… Yamaha will usually support their products far beyond the legal limit (Which is 7 years and fast approaching) but you have to be realistic - the Motif ES is now a part of history, albeit the recent past, it’s history nonetheless…

On the Voice transitioning thing - not going to happen. The concept was not to have a crippled keyboard in terms of effects, in fact the Motif-series has upped the ante as far as having professional grade Effect Processors on board.

When you need to transition between sounds as if you had a second keyboard, the solution (and it is still used by many, many professional and hobbyist players alike) is called a two tier stand + second keyboard

:^)

Seriously though… place the Voices that you need to transition between side by side with each other in a SONG MIXING or PATTERN MIXING setup. You can activate the Dual INSERTION EFFECTS on 8 PARTS so you give up very little in terms of effects and you can transition between sounds by simply using the Track 1 through Track 8 buttons.

That is what you see folks on tour doing… and they have been doing that since 2003!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2009 @ 11:50 PM
_Tone
Total Posts:  167
Joined  12-26-2004
zisidisnikos - 07 March 2009 05:27 PM

I want..something new...like more arpegiator...no 1 but 4 like XS..and more other.
i have and motif XS,but i want powerfull and my ES..
yamaha TEAM ..dont forget the MOTIF ES…

For your arpegiator question, it is possible to record a arpeggio in patern/song mode directly to the patern/song so you can use it on all tracks.
Sure XS has 4 Arpeggiators and is more flexible there, but thats just the improvement over time.
They can’t make a competely different machine with an software update. The processing power would be too less too.

I can understand that Yamaha can’t give free support for all their products like 50 years and still improve them.
Imagine CS90 useres are calling for software updates and keep Yamaha bussy a lifetime. They can’t develop new products anymore.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2009 @ 05:26 PM
mbunkerusa
Total Posts:  71
Joined  02-03-2006

Right.  And what would happen if Yamaha announced that there would be an update to the ES OS.  Every Tom, Dick, and Harry would want their items to be included.  That would bloat the cost to gazillions of dollars but with no increase in income to cover it.  And the Rack ES folks would want an upgrade too.

I agree that the ES is a great board.  I have the Rack ES and have compared it to the XS.  I LOVE it as a complement to the XS keyboard.  I use it with the Overture scoring program and love the sounds.

[ Ignore ]