mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help needed - How do I assign outgoing MIDI to only transmit sustain information?"

Posted on: February 14, 2009 @ 01:42 PM
thedeviator
Total Posts:  4
Joined  07-13-2008

Hi guys been a while since I posted here - I desperately need some advice.

Setup: Kurzweil PC161 at the top, Motif XS7 connected at the bottom. I’m using the kurzweil though the Motif’s audio through port, and I have a MIDI cable between the two aswell. I’ve been using these 2 for live performance, but they have seperate sustain pedals naturally.

What I want to know is if there’s a way to transmit only the sustain information from the motif to the kurzweil, instead of ALL the information (like note values velocity etc.). So I can get away with using only one pedal - and to have the opportunity to use the stage piano sound of the motif while using the pads on the kurzweil.

If anyone knows how to go about this, please reply. Much appreciated :D

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2009 @ 02:05 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

The only way we have ever seen that done is by using a Y cable and physically connecting the same pedal to the sustain inputs on the two keyboards.  We really can’t recommend this, but if you wanted to try it, that’s probably the only way to to do it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 04:21 PM
thedeviator
Total Posts:  4
Joined  07-13-2008

Thanks Yamaha_Us. I’ve decided to build myself a rig that can achieve this - that will be able to actively switch inputs (so I can using keep the Yamaha piano half damper pedal when I need to). Would have been a cool function to implement though - if it could have been assigned to a button.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2009 @ 10:04 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I believe you can accomplish what you want by setting up the XS in MASTER mode. Using the ZONE SWITCH = ON, setup a separate ZONE for the internal Motif XS, and a second one for the external device.

You can choose to send just Controllers to the second ZONE, by
1) setting the NOTE LIMITS of that Zone to G8~G8 (no note-on events will be sent to that Zone)
2) setting the TX SWITCH > CONTROL so that only the controllers you want are sent to that Zone

Press [MASTER]
Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON EDIT]
Press [F2] OTHER
Set the Master so that it is associated with the internal Program you wish to use
Set the ZONE SWITCH = ON
Set the KNOB CONTROL ASSIGN = ZONE

Press Track Select 1 to view ZONE parameters
Setup the first ZONE for the internal XS
Setup the second ZONE for the external keyboard

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ suggestions for forum improvements...
Next Topic:

DCP XS library updates ››