mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XF8 Best solution for Sticky Keys"

Posted on: July 07, 2022 @ 11:15 AM
frdgb
Total Posts:  23
Joined  05-14-2018

Could not find previous thread…

Any decent solutions to clean/fix “sticky” keys on XF-8?  D-3 just does not always want to rise back to position, but problem is intermitent.  And just a light touch of key brings it back…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 15, 2022 @ 03:20 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

I searched the forum archives am the only hit Igot that was close was from years ago.  Bad Mister responded to a similar issue with
“ It is possible something has become lodged between the keys, especially since it is two adjacent keys. It could be worse, difficult to say. If you are at all uncertain please contact an authorized service center.”

Sorry I couldn’t find anything else.  Good luck am let us know

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 15, 2022 @ 08:03 PM
frdgb
Total Posts:  23
Joined  05-14-2018

Thank you sir!  I have scoured the internet, and...nothing.  A couple posts in various fora, but no replies to any!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2022 @ 01:10 PM
boothead2999
Total Posts:  1
Joined  01-07-2020

Coincidentally, while I was looking at some YT videos about replacing keys (wanted to make sure I did’t screw up on something that simple, and create more problems lol)—I saw a comment stating that before replacing a key one might want to make sure it’s not a lubricant problem. 

Then on another video there were these helpful comments:
“This doesn’t always mean that the keys are broken. I’ve had situations where there was some dust, crumbs or drink accidentally spilled on the keys and all they needed was to be taken out and cleaned. If you want you could try spraying compressed air only between the stuck keys. If that doesn’t work you may need to remove the sticking keys and clean them.”

“Don’t spray any lubricant between the keys because it can damage the carbon contacts if it gets on them.”

------

Can’t track down the original comment atm, but here is a brief but interesting discussion on Yamaha keyboard lubricants (several folks saying that white lithium grease has worked great for them, as opposed to the expensive but official Yamaha lubricants):

https://www.yamaha-keyboard-guide.com/what-is-the-lubricant-used-in-yamaha-motif-keyboard.html

------

But as Bad Mister said, it could be other things too.  There is a lot of delicate stuff under the keys that can get messed up, I think.  (Not to get too technical on you guys though, lol)

------

a quick search of YouTube will give you a number of good links to solid videos explaining the removing and replacing of keys, if it’s just a cleaning issue.

[ Ignore ]