mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "“please reboot me without touching KBD.” ??? please help."

Posted on: May 13, 2009 @ 06:20 PM
motifmain
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-12-2009

I have a motif 6 and this is the only thing that comes up on the screen. I can’t do anything. Has anyone ever had this problem and is it serious? I haven’t been able to get it fixed cause i don’t have the money to pay $75 an hour but it’s been almost 2 years! Please, if aybody has any information i would really appreciate it. thanks..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 14, 2009 @ 02:20 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I have a motif 6 and this is the only thing that comes up on the screen. I can’t do anything. Has anyone ever had this problem and is it serious?

Yes, that is serious.

I haven’t been able to get it fixed cause i don’t have the money to pay $75 an hour but it’s been almost 2 years!

It’s been like this for 2 years or you haven’t had any money to get it fixed in 2 years? Why not just call the Yamaha Customer Support line in your area? Can’t believe you have not done that in 2 years!

Please, if aybody has any information i would really appreciate it. thanks..

You can try to RESET the unit
Turn it ON while holding down the [RECORD] + [REMOTE CONTROL ON/OFF] buttons
Select Factory Set

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 14, 2009 @ 06:20 PM
motifmain
Joined  05-12-2009

I tried turning it on like you said but the same thing happens. All I get is “please reboot me without touching KBD”. I’ve been having this problem for about two years and yes in those 2 years it’s been pretty hard for me to save up to fix it. I’ve been thinking maybe i should just save up for a MO6 instead if I’m going to spend about $300 just to fix it or more it but i’m not sure.. i really doubt those dudes are gonna tell me “yeah, it took me just one hour to get it done”.  Everybody has to make their money.

Thanks, I’m gonna try calling Yamaha.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2009 @ 08:18 AM
dmn_ovidiu
Total Posts:  4
Joined  06-19-2008

the problem it is from inside.you open it to clean it or something.it is a cable from inside with 3 or 4 pin i’don’t remeber exactly you must to replace it!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2009 @ 02:07 PM
gcjazz
Total Posts:  1
Joined  05-04-2007

I had this same problem. Someone broke some of my keys so I opened up the motif to replace the keys. You have to remove about 6 or 7 core pieces of the motif to get to the keybed. - So, after I had all of the keys replaced, I started putting the keyboard back together - one of the core pieces that I had set aside was the touch pad, - it’s long - goes the length of the keyboard. I set it aside when working because it was fragile and didn’t want to break it. When I had the keyboard all put back together I hadn’t put the touch pad back in with the rest of the parts. After a rush service for $150 at the local repair shop, the tech called me and said wheres the touch pad? - I was like - oh! I left it in the back of the room so I wouldn’t damage it. I picked up the keyboard, took it apart again, put that piece back in it and it worked fine.

It was a pretty expensive piece of advice, hopefully this will help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2019 @ 06:24 AM
raffey
Joined  06-28-2019

I am having this issue please help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2022 @ 07:21 AM
sterr
Total Posts:  3
Joined  06-13-2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9ypjcIwgZ8&t=307s
Here is is solution. Turn on closed captions and translate.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif 6 and Vista Support
Next Topic:

Perf Mode - Latin Jam - Motif 8 ››