mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "AKAI CD"

Posted on: January 30, 2011 @ 07:39 AM
keyrunner
Total Posts:  56
Joined  01-28-2011

I tried searching response between the various posts but I can not find it .. I apologize if I had not seen ....

In my old Motif ES7 I have the ability to import waves directly from AKAI cd ... This possibility exists even on XF? and if so, how can I achieve this feature?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2011 @ 02:45 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

No. The Motif XF (and XS) can not import Akai format data.
There is no “workaround” or method to do so.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2011 @ 04:07 PM
g.nieddu
Total Posts:  185
Joined  02-14-2009

There isn’t a direct way to import Akai samples/Patches into XS/XF, but you can convert them to wave format with a sample translator and use Motif Waveform Editor (http://www.jmelas.gr) to build new waveforms for your XS/XF. I’ve personally tryed some other utilities that should convert Akai samples and patche directly to XS/XF format, but they aren’t reliable. In particular they give a lot of conversion errors especially with multi layered programs. Try them at your own risk.. Motif Waveform Editor is the best way to built new waveforms, it’s quick, simply and reliable. We have to think that a direct conversion is not so simple because Motif’s audio engine is really very different from Akai’s one, especially envelopes, mods pathways and effects. So I always create a new pacth with the new converted waveform. Good luck

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2011 @ 06:59 PM
keyrunner
Joined  01-28-2011
g.nieddu - 30 January 2011 04:07 PM

There isn’t a direct way to import Akai samples/Patches into XS/XF, but you can convert them to wave format with a sample translator and use Motif Waveform Editor (http://www.jmelas.gr) to build new waveforms for your XS/XF. I’ve personally tryed some other utilities that should convert Akai samples and patche directly to XS/XF format, but they aren’t reliable. In particular they give a lot of conversion errors especially with multi layered programs. Try them at your own risk.. Motif Waveform Editor is the best way to built new waveforms, it’s quick, simply and reliable. We have to think that a direct conversion is not so simple because Motif’s audio engine is really very different from Akai’s one, especially envelopes, mods pathways and effects. So I always create a new pacth with the new converted waveform. Good luck

I’ve tried to convert using differents “sample converter” programs, but, as you said they make a lot of errors especially with multi layered programs.
In most case I edit again a lot of parameters, but when the sound
is “splitted” into different elements it’s very frustrating to reassemble all the single waves on a unic element waveform..

I apologize.. my english is damn bad!!

I have several instruments yamaha me I must admit that I have never liked the logic with which these instruments are handled ...

There are always difficulties even where you do not expect to find ..

continuous functions downgrade .. I do not know ... but every time that I buy something from YAMAHA then left me with “a bitter taste in my mouth"(expression, which in Italian is synonymous of disappointment)…

mmmhhh!!!

ok I’m going back to work…

ciao!
Keyrunner

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2011 @ 07:28 PM
CesarSound
Total Posts:  572
Joined  12-25-2005
keyrunner - 30 January 2011 07:39 AM

I tried searching response between the various posts but I can not find it .. I apologize if I had not seen ....

In my old Motif ES7 I have the ability to import waves directly from AKAI cd ... This possibility exists even on XF? and if so, how can I achieve this feature?

Hi, I have got good results using the app Awave Studio version 10.2. The Awave reads the Akai CDs and then you can convert each instrument to Motif ES format (W7V/W8V), then load to Motif (the Motif XS/XF can open W7V/W8V files). Then you made the final editings on Motif.

Tchau.
Julio.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2011 @ 08:23 PM
g.nieddu
Joined  02-14-2009
keyrunner - 30 January 2011 06:59 PM
g.nieddu - 30 January 2011 04:07 PM

I’ve tried to convert using differents “sample converter” programs, but, as you said they make a lot of errors especially with multi layered programs.
In most case I edit again a lot of parameters, but when the sound
is “splitted” into different elements it’s very frustrating to reassemble all the single waves on a unic element waveform..

I apologize.. my english is damn bad!!

I have several instruments yamaha me I must admit that I have never liked the logic with which these instruments are handled ...

There are always difficulties even where you do not expect to find ..

continuous functions downgrade .. I do not know ... but every time that I buy something from YAMAHA then left me with “a bitter taste in my mouth"(expression, which in Italian is synonymous of disappointment)…

mmmhhh!!!

ok I’m going back to work…

ciao!
Keyrunner

I agree… We can understand the PLG boards compatibility downgrade, but not Akai samples loading functions… I don’t know how many times I’ve suggested Yamaha to develope and provide a simple conversion utility, what we have now is not enought reliable, and not so easy to use.
Sometimes I have the feeling that Yamaha had ended XS developement too much fastly, the new ROM/samples player engine is powerfull, but the OS, the loading/saving functions, the eight not assignable faders, the little progammable modulation pathways, make me feel that we could had something more.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2011 @ 11:20 PM
GospelMusicians
Total Posts:  336
Joined  08-26-2010

I’m currently in close communication with the guy from Awave and we are working on the XS and XF format as well.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2011 @ 08:44 AM
g.nieddu
Joined  02-14-2009
GospelMusicians - 30 January 2011 11:20 PM

I’m currently in close communication with the guy from Awave and we are working on the XS and XF format as well.

...Those are really good news… I’m sure that much of us were been waiting a new conversion utility… Who have tryed to use what me and you know (ChSys), will buy it for sure.
Thank you again for Neo-Soul library, at now your patches are those I use most frequently. Can I hope to have an update with some more patches?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2011 @ 10:11 AM
Pschelfh
Total Posts:  19
Joined  09-24-2009

Didn’t try it yet, but John Melas Motif Waveform Editor seems to support Akai import :
http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/wave.php

Peter.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2011 @ 10:30 AM
g.nieddu
Joined  02-14-2009
Pschelfh - 31 January 2011 10:11 AM

Didn’t try it yet, but John Melas Motif Waveform Editor seems to support Akai import :
http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/wave.php

Peter.

Yes, it import and convert Akai waves, but not programs…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2011 @ 07:34 PM
keyrunner
Joined  01-28-2011
g.nieddu - 31 January 2011 08:44 AM

...Those are really good news… I’m sure that much of us were been waiting a new conversion utility… Who have tryed to use what me and you know (ChSys), will buy it for sure.
Thank you again for Neo-Soul library, at now your patches are those I use most frequently. Can I hope to have an update with some more patches?

I hope they,ll make particular attention in multi-layer conversions…

Also I really need an utility to merge several layers (zone wave assignements) in a wery quicly way… like to have the possibility to open two page at time each with layer properties and have the chance to drag one layer into the other… if conflict occours, a pop-up will open, so I can adjust the parameter that doesn’t matches… (I hope you understand my english...)

.. now I open another trad ‘couse I’ve find anoter item that seem
to be a stable bug… ???

Ciao!!

Keyrunner

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2011 @ 01:16 PM
GospelMusicians
Total Posts:  336
Joined  08-26-2010
g.nieddu - 31 January 2011 08:44 AM

Yes, definitely! I found a new love for creating new sounds that inspire musicians. Neo-Soul Rhodes 2X is in the works now along with some other really “crazy” sounds. As it stands now, when I play live I don’t use any of the sounds in my Motif ES. All of the sounds are custom samples and programs!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ HELP!!! Question on Saving!
Next Topic:

How to save vocals to song or pattern mode ››