mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "USB product IDs for Motif XF and XS"

Posted on: October 11, 2010 @ 01:35 PM
cdw
Total Posts:  19
Joined  09-12-2010

I have just bought a shiny new Motif XF8, and have successfully patched the Linux USB MIDI driver to enable support for its USB MIDI interface. The four virtual MIDI interfaces are now all visible and work exactly as they do on MacOS and Windows.

Before I send this tiny patch upstream, I’d like to sort out XF6, XF7, and XS6/7/8 support too. I am certain this will just be a matter of including the relevant USB product IDs to handle in the same way as the XF8. However, I don’t have any of these synths to hand to confirm the product IDs.

The XF8 has ID 0x105c, and since the ES6,7,8 were 0x1021-3, I can imagine that XF6 and 7 are 0x105a and b. However, can anyone confirm this for me, and/or provide USB product IDs for the XS models, so I can complete Linux support for the newer Motif models?

(To check the USB vendor and product ids of attached devices, you can run ‘lsusb’ on linux, ‘system_profiler SPUSBDataType’ on MacOS X, and I imagine the Device Manager shows them in Windows.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2011 @ 09:44 AM
FabriX
Total Posts:  11
Joined  07-01-2009

Hi,
I’ve just exchanged my MotifXS8 with a new MotifXF8.
I’ve been very disappointed by the USB interface not working in Linux…
So no firewire, no usb = not a good choice for me.
I was going to phone the shop to return it today…
but now I’ve seen your post…
Is it possible to have your patch? I can test it on another computer/keyboard pair, if you care…
About your original topic I don’t have the XS anymore but I can tell you that both Motif ES8 and MotifXS 8 were working out of the box with the midi driver in the kernel, requiring no patches, so I guess their ID’s are already in… actually they are already in the USB list nowadays because I can see vendor and model “in clear”. So I guess they should be already in the kernel sources…
Best regards,
Fabrizio

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ .X0A autoload file to Motif XF ?
Next Topic:

Sorry Yamaha, I returned my Motif XF! ››