mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "FW16E compatible?"

Posted on: August 25, 2013 @ 01:09 PM
baharach
Total Posts:  12
Joined  02-15-2009

VIA 6308 compatible with Mlan? I found information about 6306, not 6308, in “IEEE1394 (FireWire) Device Information” list. I have dropouts in Cubase Elements 7. :(. Maybe, my mlan-settings on Rack XS is wrong?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2013 @ 01:29 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

For help with any computer related issue, first we would need to know what type of computer and what operating system you are running.

Next we would need to know which driver (version is important) that you are attempting to run with the computer type and operating system.

Then finally, we could make recommendations to solve your problem - long before we would need to know what chip set you have and if it is compatible. we could probably solve the issue without all of that stuff…

What Windows people usually miss is the extra folder for Windows users of the driver which gives you a “ysfwutility” program to help set your CPU for the task of handling digital audio streaming. Once set this usually solves the problems.

Forgive me for jumping ahead… But I’ve found most Mac users tell you which Mac they own before they tell what instrument product they are trying to connect… So I’m guessing your Windows… And since most people miss the folder completely and/or don’t read the instructions… But look for that folder and if you are running Windows, use the utility to set the proper CPU resources for the task using this utility.

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2013 @ 11:17 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

baharach - 25 August 2013 01:09 PM

VIA 6308 compatible with Mlan? I found information about 6306, not 6308, in “IEEE1394 (FireWire) Device Information” list. I have dropouts in Cubase Elements 7. :(. Maybe, my mlan-settings on Rack XS is wrong?

You should not expect problems with the latest FW16 interface. I have it installed in my Rack XS and it
works without issues with built-in FireWire in my Win7 laptop. I have also mLAN16E in my Motif ES6,
but I could not work with it on the same computer. At first I have Win XP SP2, next Win7 (legacy mode),
even I have tried external interface (proven express card FireWire), but no success.
I had a possibility to try Rack XS with FW16 and my laptop in the store (many thanks to nice guys in Birmingham!) and it immediately start to work as expected. Hope this could help you for making decision.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2013 @ 04:52 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Dropouts with FW with Windows computers require the Yamaha Steinberg Utility program (provided separately in the downloaded material) It will help setup the CPU for the work load - ignore this at your own peril. The tool will allow you to configure your computer without the need for you being a computer geek… Click the option that makes the dropouts go away. it reallocates the resources so your computer can handle the task. Please trust me on this!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2013 @ 10:41 AM
baharach
Total Posts:  12
Joined  02-15-2009

Hard to say my experience for last two days, finally, i changing mobo(was Asus, now Intel), and problem solved

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Hello from Newbie!
Next Topic:

Yamaha Motif XS Rack. Saving multi presets ››