mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "xs6/cubase 4.5.1/mlan / desktop"

Posted on: April 27, 2010 @ 12:13 AM
Bboy On N On
Total Posts:  288
Joined  02-05-2008

hi,

is there a pdf that tells me how i should have the mlan configuration in cubase for audio busses and stuff?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2010 @ 06:08 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

There are several articles in the SUPPORT area

Do you have Windows computer or a Mac?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2010 @ 08:08 AM
Bboy On N On
Joined  02-05-2008

i have windows vista.

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2010 @ 01:26 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Windows Quick Setup: Firewire/CubaseAI/Studio Manager/Motif XS Editor

Advanced Application: mLAN/Firewire Audio Setup Tutorial

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2010 @ 11:36 PM
Bboy On N On
Joined  02-05-2008

THANKS.

For setting up external instruments ( bass guitar , microphone etc.) and using the Mlan and Cubase, is there an experiment I should really pay attention to in the tutrial ? or is there another tutorial?
I’m pretty sure I’ld be using the A/D in the back of the XS for externals just not sure if the tutorials cover external instruments and audio routing to cubase.

or should I look at this to set up :

Part Two: Motif XS mLAN MONITOR SETUP

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2010 @ 05:09 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

The A/D INPUT Part can be routed to any of the assignable outputs. It has its own channel on the Motif XS mixer and has its own set of parameters in the MIXING > COMMON EDIT area.

First, you must set the MIC/LINE parameter that basically sets the input gain stage for the incoming signal. If your A/D INPUT is coming from a mixer or line level device you would set this parameter to LINE, if the source is a microphone, guitar or bass, you will want to set this to MIC. and use the GAIN/TRIM knob on the back panel

Press [UTILITY]
Press [F2] I/O
Set the MIC/LINE parameter according to your input source.

Next, in the SONG MIXING or PATTERN MIXING setup you are working with you can view the A/D INPUT channel on the mixer as follows:
From SONG or PATTERN mode
Press [MIXING]
Typically you will be viewing the 16 PARTS of the XS internal tone engine (because [F1] PART 1-16 is selected).
Press [F2] AUDIO
Here you will see the additional 2 audio input channels. The first is the analog-to-digital (A/D) input, the second is a digital audio return (Motif XS FW L/Motif XS FW R). When routing a signal, or signals back from Cubase, if you setup a VST CONNECTION OUTPUT and set the PORT to “Motif XS FW L"/"Motif XS FW R” it can be routed back to the XS mixer. This is useful when you want to playback audio from your computer and sample it to the Motif XS (just FYI).

Additionally, your A/D INPUT has its own Audio In parameter set which is found as follows:
From [MIXING] mode
Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON EDIT]
Press [F4] AUDIO IN
Press [SF1] OUTPUT
Here you can see a set of parameters for the AD INPUT and for the mLAN Return.

The AD INPUT channel has a VOLUME setting, PAN, MONO/STEREO (this is an input setting to match the Input jack you are using - say you plugged your microphone or guitar in the L input, you would set the MONO/STEREO = L mono), OUTPUT SELECT (here you can route the AD INPUT to any of the available output buses… these include the L/R main outputs, the analog asL/R outputs, and your mLAN/Firewire outputs listed in both stereo pairings and as mono buses…

Press [SF6] LIST to view the entire set of OUTPUT SELECT options.

Say you want to route your A/D INPUT as a mono OUTPUT, select “m1”

Additionally you have REVERB SEND, CHORUS SEND, and the DRY LEVEL. (the SYSTEM EFFECTS will only be routed out the main L/R output) So if you assign the AD to an assignable output it is (quite naturally)removed from the system and master effects.

At [SF2] CONNECT you can route your A/D INPUT through its own INSERTION EFFECTS. (Insertion Effects can be applied to a maximum of 8 PARTS, so you may need to release them on an internal synth PART if you want to record with them). The INSERTION EFFECTS will be routed to the assignable output (quite naturally) as you are inserting them inline with the signal prior to routing the signal externally.

See the following article on details: Setting up a microphone: Motif XS

In Cubase, go to DEVICES > VST CONNECTIONS > click on the INPUT tab > ADD BUS > Add a MONO bus

Set the MONO bus’ AUDIO DEVICE = Yamaha Steinberg FW
Set the DEVICE PORT = Motif XS 1

Finally, create an AUDIO TRACK, and set the INPUT of that track to the MONO bus you just created.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2010 @ 11:58 PM
Bboy On N On
Joined  02-05-2008

hey thanks....I’m really lookin forward to this weekend taking on the tutorials and stuff...I really appreciate the help. it’s been a long 3 years i been trying to get to this level, as far as going to cubase .
if I could slap a low five at ya I would. lol
take care

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sections I-P where are the letters?
Next Topic:

HELP PLEASE!!! MIDI Connection Situation ››