mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "what firewire audio interface to get???"

Posted on: February 25, 2010 @ 04:21 AM
rogerkmusic
Total Posts:  100
Joined  02-15-2008

whats the best firewire audio interface to get. my price range is 800 to 1200....i was thinking the motu 828mk3 or digi 003....if you can help me that would be nice thanks..btw the mk3 doesnt have alot of positive reviews

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2010 @ 09:59 AM
tbone
Total Posts:  318
Joined  02-15-2009

The best is relative… to what is best for you and it’s intended purposes. Need MIDI? Expandability?  How many inputs will you record simultaneously?

Have a look here for a quick feature/price comparison and what is ‘out there.’
http://www.tweakheadz.com/audio_interface_fw_comparison_chart.htm

The Yamaha MR816x is in the $ range you mention and has attracted quite a bit of buzz this year.. But no MIDI.  RME Fireface is also one of the higher end devices from a quality/feature perspective.

How will you ultimately use this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2010 @ 11:14 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Only get the Digi if you plan to use ProTools.

I’m happy with a Focusrite Pro 40 but that’s well below your budget...maybe one of the higher priced Focusrites is worth a look? Very nice mic pres on those.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2010 @ 05:26 PM
dmcmusic
Total Posts:  75
Joined  12-18-2009

I just got the MR816CSX and I love it!  If you use Cubase, it’s a “must-have”, but it also works with other DAWs.  Great sound and it’s in you price range.

dmc

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2010 @ 02:20 AM
rogerkmusic
Total Posts:  100
Joined  02-15-2008

thanks guys I mainly make hip hop and dance instrumentals so midi is a must....I really dont record that much so mic inputs not really a big deal for me but you never know?????.ill check those sounds cards out that you guys mentioned thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2010 @ 02:41 AM
truberto
Total Posts:  23
Joined  06-21-2009

I am thinking of purchasing the MR816CSX - I do not need MIDI for my application. If I do, I would sell my Yamaha N8 - this may work for you. The unit is one year old and in pristine condition. If you have any interest, please let me know and I’ll provide pricing and photos off-forum.  My apologies if mentioning equipment for sale breaks forum etiquette.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ DX-100
Next Topic:

Need help with reason 3.0 ››