mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Looking at the M-Audio AV-40 monitors- anyone have any experienced opinions?…."

Posted on: February 09, 2010 @ 01:01 AM
dboggs
Total Posts:  10
Joined  01-16-2010

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-Studiophile-AV40-Speakers?sku=600092

any opinions?…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2010 @ 04:04 PM
bosoxok
Total Posts:  18
Joined  11-09-2007

I picked up a pair back in December from GC when they were having a sale on M-Audio gear. I have them hooked up to my PC (Delta 2496 soundcard) and they sound great. I’m very happy with the purchase. Like anything else though, quality is relative and it probably depends on what you intend to do with them. I mostly use them just as PC speakers, but I occassionally hook up my XS7 using S/PDIF and I really can’t complain. Personally, I think I get a clearer, crisper, and truer sound than through my Roland KC-350 amp, although obviously you won’t get the same output.

My only complaint is that the power switch is on the back. Probably the norm for reference monitors, but a bit of a pain with the monitors stuck in cubbies on a computer hutch.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Keyboard player web page...
Next Topic:

DX-100 ››