mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Used Yamaha XS"

Posted on: May 26, 2009 @ 08:25 AM
vito_nl
Total Posts:  11
Joined  05-26-2009

Hi guys,girls ;)

I’m new to this forum.

I want to buy a Motif XS 6 to go to the next level of musicproduction.
I am from holland so i’m gonna buy this machine in Holland. But my question… What are the risk’s of buying a used Motif?

Is there something that de owner kan manipulate, do in any form what so ever, that will make the machine less better than a new one?

Regardz Kamil aka Vito

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2009 @ 12:19 PM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Hi Vito, a used XS, as long as it is in good condition, should be no problem.  I don’t know if you are planning to get it from a dealer or by something like eBay, but in any event check for any knocks, and particularly make sure that each key works properly.

Other than hard use there is nothing that a user can do to change the XS.  It can be restored to factory condition by a Master Reset. From that point you have it with all of the original sounds and settings.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2009 @ 12:19 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Hoi, landgenoot,

a used Motif is:
- cheaper,
- scratched (always),
- missing some features (Classic has no USB-sticks, ES a slow one),
- limited (Classic has only 64Mb DIMM capacity),
- dirty (always),
- a joy for ever (it will last longer than your interest).

If you can buy a used Motif for a fraction of a new one,
go for it, BUT .... buy it from a good shop,
you just need service and parts just in case.

And .................. TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!

Success,

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2009 @ 08:47 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

My son purchased a used EX5 from Ebay - he had to go from pics and descriptions on that site. His bid won.
It arrived with everything in good working order, a couple of minor knocks and dents and 4 or so years later is still enjoying using it.

But as always, Caveat emptor

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2009 @ 11:10 PM
aarryn
Total Posts:  222
Joined  03-09-2006

Bought my first one (ES8) used from an older lady in an upscale neighborhood. It was pristine. Only had that for a few months, though.
The one I have now I bought on eBay, saved a little money, but there are a couple blemishes here and there (but neither of them were dirty). Otherwise, no problems to report. I even got lucky enough that the protective laminate was still on the LCD - I’m not taking it off, either! :D

Although it did freeze up on me ONCE a while back, which kinda freaked me out, but it hasn’t happened again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2009 @ 12:51 AM
bsr2002
Total Posts:  693
Joined  03-30-2004

I bought my ES6 used. It was a Demo model those sales reps used traveling all over the country, lol. I’ve had it for 3 years no problems. Said it was blemished, I still can’t find it...hahaha.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2009 @ 01:51 PM
morrisr
Total Posts:  27
Joined  12-29-2008

I bought my used MOTIF XS6 off ebay from trumphetsounds and the keyboard is in immaculate condition.  The owner appears to be a nice person, he is a Christian by faith and care his stuff.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2009 @ 03:18 AM
MikeHuntingford
Total Posts:  758
Joined  11-22-2009

I also bought a Yamaha EX5 online (craigslist), and aside from a few rubs on the surface, the keyboard is great - in fact, I use it as a controller for my MO6 and also my KORG TR Extended ACCESS rack module.

The keys on the EX5 are superior to most keyboards out there today.

Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PRINTING SPECIFIC SECTIONS OF A THREAD
Next Topic:

What kind of cereal would you be? ››