mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New Sheriff"

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 08:44 AM
-
Total Posts:  518
Joined  06-07-2006

This morning’s announcement from Obama and Geithner to cap executive compensation and provide mandatory disclosure of other compensation for entities that recieve government relief is a very wise move.

Not only does this plan provide tangible tools to control and account for past abuses of the American capitalist system, it provides something else that may be just as powerful.

Their plan takes into account the intangible aspect of markets which Geithner referred to as “confidence and faith” in these markets.

If this confidence and faith can be restored to the public as other aspects of their recovery plan come on-line in future weeks and months, I am hopeful that a further disaster will be avoided.

I realize that government intervention may create an imbalance in competition between those firms which are subject to these new rules and those that are not.....but I believe the intagibles out-weigh, at least for now, that concern.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 04:14 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Re: New Sheriff

I agree that under the circumstances something had to be done to improve the PR aspect of this whole thing. The guys in the bank’s mail room are probably enjoying this as well, but I doubt any CEO or VP is going to have to sell their house over this. It was symbolic and necessary.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ California Fiscal Woes!
Next Topic:

Forum etiquette: Please Read This ››