mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Quick Drum Arpeggio Question (S90 ES)"

Posted on: February 02, 2009 @ 11:26 PM
stevie_wonder
Total Posts:  0
Joined  02-02-2009

I own a s90 ES and I am trying to play a piano sound over a drum beat.

In performance mode, I have set up a performance in which a drum beat plays in the background. I did this using a drum arpeggio assigned to the 1st voice of my performance. The 2nd voice is the piano part.

However, when I play a key on the s90 both an arbitrary drum sound assigned to that key and the corresponding piano note sound simultaneously.

When I attempt to mute the drum part, the drum beat arpeggio is muted as well.

How do I set it up so the drum beat plays independently of what I play on the s90 and the s90 keys only activate the piano sound.

I know this is a basic question but I could not find the answer after a decent search through these forums and the manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 03:11 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Re: Quick Drum Arpeggio Question (S90 ES)

You should check arpeggio “Hold on” option.
Also, you could set appropriate note limit independently for part with arp and your piano part. That mean that you could play piano without drums and then, when you for instance start playing below C3 (if your drum part arp limit is C-2 to C3) you will hear both drum arp and your piano.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Performances in 3/4 time signature
Next Topic:

Pink floyd On the run drum ARP ››