mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need independent volume controls for 2 midi device"

Posted on: December 15, 2008 @ 07:33 AM
topbassplayer
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-06-2004

I am trying to have separate volume controls for 2 midi devices going through a MIDI Solutions 2-input MIDI Merger coming out as 1-output. The output is going into my Yamaha Motif rack. When I turn down the volume on one device it affects the other, therefore I must have both volumes up in order to get sound from either. Does anyone know of a way I can control each midi volume device independently? I am using just one sound at a time. I think both are on the same channel. I’m not a Midi guru. So I guess now I need to assign each midi device to its own separate channel so I can control the volume independent of each device. Can you help me with this?

2 separate midi devices:
1. Roland midi converter for the my GK-1 bass guitar pickup
2. E-MU Xboard 49 key USB-MIDI Controller

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2008 @ 10:05 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Re: Need independent volume controls for 2 midi de

You’re right… You’d need to put your RACK in MULTI mode, so that each PART can be assigned a different channel.

By “Default,” each PART of a MULTI is on its own channel (1=1, 2=2, etc.)

Then, your external controllers would need to be set to match.

You’ll need to consult the docs for your external controllers to determine how to do that.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2009 @ 02:00 PM
topbassplayer
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-06-2004

Re: Need independent volume controls for 2 midi de

Thanks Mr. Tony Phillips, all MIDi info is really appreciated. I’ll try the Muiti Mode on my rack.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ HELP PLEeeeASEEE
Next Topic:

MFC10 + Motif Rack ES Question ››