mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Midi channels 2-16 problem"

Posted on: December 05, 2008 @ 03:15 AM
Bobzilla
Total Posts:  5
Joined  11-10-2008

Hi all

I was hoping you might be able to help.

I have a MoRack that I am using with sequencer software (Sonar 7 Producer, trial). I am trying to use my MoRack as a multi-timbral sound module, and am using the headphone jack at the bag.

I can get it to work perfectly on all midi channels (on one sound) in Voice mode, and on channel 1 in multi mode. However, I cannot for the life of me get it to give different sounds on different channels in multi mode. I get the midi information through (the ‘multi’ led flashes in time to the notes on Channel 2, when channel 1 is muted) but I get no sound.

This is the case using either the USB connector or the Midi connector from my soundblaster.

Any clues? Any further into I need to give you to help diagnose?

Alternatively, any service guys on these things in or near London, England? Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2008 @ 06:53 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Midi channels 2-16 problem

It seems as if your question is about Sonar operation more than it is about the Motif Rack… there is not much you need to do to make the Rack work… when you enter MULTI mode, you should initialize a MULTI so you do not inherit other settings.

Press [MULTI]
Press [UITLITY]
PAGE [>] Right until you reach the JOB SEL screen
Select “Initialize”
Press [SHIFT] + [ENTER]
Select “Current 1 MULTI”
Press [SHIFT] + [ENTER]

This will place each of the 16 PARTS on a corresponding MIDI channel.

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 08, 2008 @ 06:51 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Re: Midi channels 2-16 problem

Also make sure you have SONAR set up correctly.

It sounds like it’s sending data to the correct INSTRUMENT, since the MULTI light is flashing, but, open up the EVENT LIST in Cakewalk for that part and make sure that the data is what you expect to see.

Make sure it’s not setting the VOLUME or EXPRESSION to some low enough value that you can’t here it, etc. etc.

If I recall, an initialized Multi will have the GRAND PIANO voice in EVERY part, so don’t let that surprise you.

[ Ignore ]