mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "2 vl boards in my motif es?"

Posted on: November 08, 2007 @ 07:36 AM
jmrap
Total Posts:  23
Joined  10-24-2007

Hi, I just purchased a motif es7. I bought two vl boards from Sweetwater to load into the es. This is to replace my vl-1 which is great, but getting older, and want to keep in my home studio due to its rarity. The sweetwater rep said both boards will work duophonically in the performance mode, due to the fact each plg board is seperate(like linking up 2 plg an, or pf boards for double poly. etc,) but i can’t seem to get them to work properly. Help, got a gig coming up soon. thanks, Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2007 @ 10:03 AM
Tusker
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-16-2007

Re: 2 vl boards in my motif es?

Try Utility =>Plug =>Polyexpand=>On

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 09, 2007 @ 04:53 PM
jmrap
Joined  10-24-2007

Thanks Tucker, I tried that and I still get only 1 voice mono. Help! Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 09, 2007 @ 05:12 PM
jmrap
Joined  10-24-2007

Sorry for the misspell of your username Tusker

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 09, 2007 @ 06:29 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

I only have one myself, but can you explain how you have them associated in Performance mode? I do believe this should work as well. I assume you want each VL card on a different voice playing exaclty the same thing? Or mute one and play the other? Click here for a similar question.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2007 @ 05:08 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Poly Expand will allow you to load the same Voices into both boards - and when a Voice is selected you will get 2 notes (but from the same sound). So you can have a two note polyphonic horn.

You can either play them without Poly Expand (each can be played as an independent sound monophonically). This would allow you, for example, to play a Trumpet with one and a Sax with the other (each monophonically).

Or with Poly Expand (where both engines combine together to create a 2 note sound 1+1 = 2) both used to create the same Trumpet, for example, except now the trumpet (unnaturally) can play 2 notes simultaneously.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2007 @ 09:06 AM
jmrap
Joined  10-24-2007

Thanks Bad Mister. I will use them as two monophonic boards. Do you know of any vl-1 to vl-70 translator? I have alot of Vl 1 voices both public domain and stuff I bought(Patchman etc.) and would like to convert them to use in the ES with the plug in boards. I will try reading the parameters on the Vl- 1 going to the VL patch editor then dumping to the ES. Irealize that i will use only one element. Is there a qiucker way? I also have some Vl sounds for my old EX that I got from EX5 tech will they work or translate also? I miss the Bill Busch sax and some of Ken Barry’s stuff that have for my Vl 1 and would like to use it on the ES. I found one Bill Busch vl-70 file from Yamaha Japan, but am unable to open it with the VL editor for the plug in boards. Do you have any additional Vl-70 sounds, Bad Mister on any older hard drives etc...? I down loaded the vl.tutor and those helped alot . Thanks,JMR

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ mLAN16e and AIEB2
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››