mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Live triggering a bank of samples"

Posted on: March 19, 2005 @ 10:28 AM
Wombler
Total Posts:  18
Joined  01-31-2004

Hi all,

I have a Mo Classic and I want to create a voice (or performance, whichever is easier to set up!) made up primarily of a piano, but with the top octave of the keyboard reserved for triggering a series of samples. e.g. striking the highest note on the keyboard would trigger one short sampled phrase, the note below that a different sampled phrase, etc.

I’m finding that many of the forum responses re: sampling refer to inputing a sound source, RECORDING IT ON THE MOTIF, and managing it from there. My samples are already good to go as WAV files on PC / Smartmedia card, so I just need to know how to assign these wav sample files to distinct keys at the top of the ‘board.

Thanks for any help.
Cheers,
wombler

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2005 @ 10:27 PM
Way_ne
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  01-26-2003

Re: Live triggering a bank of samples

Hi Wombler,

A quick answer would be to use a Performance and make one of the Voices a “Drum Voice”. This would let you fairly easily assign any number of different samples to single keys. Then you would set up the key assign or key zone for that voice to just those keys where you have those samples.

Do you have enough sample memory on board?

OT - I have the DR and PC (percussion and drums) PLG boards unused in their boxes that were thrown in with my ES6 - name your price if you’re interested. I also have some 32MB memory sticks of no use to me now which should work in the classic if you haven’t already expanded the memory beyond the 4MB standard.

Cheers - Wayne (Albury)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2005 @ 10:17 AM
Wombler
Total Posts:  18
Joined  01-31-2004

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the quick response - I’ll give this a go.

Nice offer on the PLG boards and memory expansion, but I’ve got the max sample memory installed and unfortunately drums and percussion boards aren’t what I’m after at the moment. If you were offering any of the other PLGs I may have been interested though!

Thanks again, I’ll post again if I’m still having issues.

Cheers,
wombler

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2005 @ 04:11 PM
Jordzen
Total Posts:  0
Joined  10-30-2003

G’day Wayne, those PLG boards, are they compatible with the S90 as well?

Not exactly what I need but if you ain’t using them and you are willing to part with them for cheap I may be interested?

let me know how much you’d take as the bottom price! here’s my email:

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PRO AUDIO
Next Topic:

Found Motif ES 6 & 7 on Sale ››