mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New to this: Saving USR bank"

Posted on: January 06, 2024 @ 02:51 PM
out0fspace
Total Posts:  3
Joined  12-24-2023

Hey everyone

I bought a Motif 6(classic) about a year ago. The previous owner was an R&B;and hip-hop producer, so I have an interesting USR bank full of nice bass sounds and such.  I want to start designing my own patches but to do so i’ll have to write over these the previous owners.  I saw a post explaining how to save the USR bank, etc. and also talked about Elements, etc, and was really knowledgeable.. I didn’t bookmark it so here i am.

any help is appreciated!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2024 @ 10:16 PM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  165
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi,

out0fspace - 06 January 2024 02:51 PM

I saw a post explaining how to save the USR bank, etc. and also talked about Elements, etc, and was really knowledgeable.. I didn’t bookmark it so here i am.

I haven’t found the thread you refer to, but let’s start with saving your voices. You don’t say what type of storage you have available, but there are two main ways to archive the voices in your USR bank:

- Save them as a .W2V (AllVoice) file on a SmartMedia card or a SCSI drive, or...
- Bulk Transmit the voice data to your computer using Voice Editor and save it there.

The latter method is operated from the computer, while saving data to a SmartMedia card or SCSI drive connected to the instrument is done on the Motif itself:

1: Press the [File] button to enter File mode.
2: Press the [F1] button to enter the CONFIG menu
3: Navigate to the “Current” field, and select Card or SCSI.
4: Press the [Store] button to remember this setting for later file operations.
5: Press the [F2] button to enter the SAVE menu.
6: Navigate to the TYPE field and select “AllVoice”.
7: In the field below, input a name for your file.
8: Press the [Enter] button to save the file.

Note: Using a SCSI drive for the first time will require further settings to be made in the CONFIG menu. This is briefly described on p.264-265 of the Owner’s Manual.

- H -

[ Ignore ]