mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ZONE Control help"

Posted on: April 19, 2023 @ 06:01 PM
bunzi1964
Total Posts:  82
Joined  12-09-2012

Hi,
I know master mode pretty well.
I read more on it here:

https://www.yamahasynth.com/learn/2010s/understanding-master-mode-xf

I have a Motif XF6 and use master mode to change performances, voice, and song modes quickly as designed.

Now I’m trying to set up a second keyboard (Motif 6 classic) so the master program on the XF will change the voice bank or performance bank on the Motif 6. Following the example on the web link above, I did get it to change voice banks using zones in my XF Master bank. The example from the web link above does show how to blend the sounds using zones, and it does blend them as playing the XF plays both keyboard voices now.

The issue I’m having is I don’t want to blend the sounds playing the XF, and can’t figure out how to not blend the sounds, i simply want to have the Motif 6 change banks. I thought by reading that example i could figure it out but to no avail.

Can anyone offer advice on this? Again, I simply want to have the banks change on the second keyboard when i hit my master program on the XF, i don’t want to blend the sounds.

Thanks for any advice you could offer!

Paul S

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2023 @ 06:52 AM
bunzi1964
Total Posts:  82
Joined  12-09-2012

Update: Ends up we just had to go to the zone 2 keyboard ant set the hi & Lo notes all the way to the right at G8..... this effectively shuts off the zone 2 keyboard sounds.

[ Ignore ]