mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Trying to record a song in my XF7… Sequencer not storing notes recorded."

Posted on: January 08, 2023 @ 05:08 PM
carlosfpr
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-12-2020

Hello all. I am kind of new to recording.
So I’m trying to create a song in my Motif XF7.
I go thru the motions..press song, hit record, select track, change tempo and measure, etc , etc
I then press record, I start playing and I can hear it no problem. Even my presonus console is picking it up. The LCD say Recording, etc.
However, when I press stop and hit Play to hear and see what I record is 100% empty…
Its like I started recording, started playing but the notes are bypassing the sequencer or something..
Going crazy looking in the www, manuals, etc.
Is it a midi configuration? clock??
Any suggestions?
CF

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2023 @ 02:01 PM
frdgb
Total Posts:  23
Joined  05-14-2018

Are you recording on the XF or into a DAW?  We need more information.  It sounds like you’re not recording in a DAW.  Or if recording on the XF perhaps you are playing in “practice mode.” Practice mode allows you to play in record mode without recording to check levels and play over previously recorded tracks. The record light will flash repeatedly when in the mode.  It is solid when recording.
If the problem is recording to a DAW it may be midi configuration…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2023 @ 02:40 PM
carlosfpr
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-12-2020

Hello tks for the reply.
1. Trying to record on the XF and not in my DAW. I can use the DAW but I’m tring to avoid carrying additional equipment to a gig. My goal is to play a recorded song which has a complicated intro (like an intro track) and take it live from there. YOu know who it is… to many instrument not enough hands..
2. I checked and it is not in Practice Mode. Light is solid and I can toggle it.
(At least I learned this today!)
3. The thing is it was working in the past as I have recorded songs and patterns. I must have changed something some time ago when I got heavily into midi for control, master, performance mode, select performance, increase channel volume, etc… cool stuff…
4. If it is working for someone as it should, can someone post a photo of the recording and midi configuration?
Tks,
Carlos Fernandez

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2023 @ 03:10 PM
frdgb
Total Posts:  23
Joined  05-14-2018

Your don’t need a midi configuration if youre recording to the XF.  If you are outputting through a midi connection, that may be the problem.  But song mode should playback through headphones at least… if you are in song mode…

[ Ignore ]