mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Midi problem"

Posted on: June 27, 2022 @ 02:43 AM
Kakdane0852
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-11-2019

Hi Everyone!
I have motif ES rack and motif xs6. I used motif es rack in Multi mode where I set the preset so that I have one voice on each midi channel. then I added an external channel to the mainstage and created 16 presets (each for a different voice). now, the problem is that i failed to do that on motif xs. there when I’m in song / pattern mode, I only get the sound of the channel I choose, that is, this variant with the mainstage doesn’t work. is there any solution? thanks, cheers!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 12, 2023 @ 03:15 AM
Michaels Keys
Total Posts:  6
Joined  07-09-2023

Hi there, I’m not shure if I understand your question (“with the mainstage doesn’t work”?) and can answer it, but in the meanwhile… a question about the ES rack and the ‘multi mode’. When you have 16 different voices (each on one midi channel) in a ‘multi’, does each voice have its own effects, both insert effects as the system effects (reverb/chrorus settings)? Or is it the same was as the ‘pattern’ of ‘song’ mode on the ES (keyboard version): all the sounds in the multi share the same system effects? Hope to hear from you, kind regards, Michael

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 12, 2023 @ 11:50 AM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  164
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi guys,

Kakdane0852 - 27 June 2022 02:43 AM

Hi Everyone!
I have motif ES rack and motif xs6. I used motif es rack in Multi mode where I set the preset so that I have one voice on each midi channel. then I added an external channel to the mainstage and created 16 presets (each for a different voice). now, the problem is that i failed to do that on motif xs. there when I’m in song / pattern mode, I only get the sound of the channel I choose, that is, this variant with the mainstage doesn’t work. is there any solution? thanks, cheers!

Are you trying to replicate an Apple MainStage setup on a Motif XS? In that case, we need to know more about how that setup works.

Michaels Keys - 12 July 2023 03:15 AM

When you have 16 different voices (each on one midi channel) in a ‘multi’, does each voice have its own effects, both insert effects as the system effects (reverb/chrorus settings)? Or is it the same was as the ‘pattern’ of ‘song’ mode on the ES (keyboard version): all the sounds in the multi share the same system effects?

The System effects (Reverb and Chorus) are shared by all 16 Parts. Each System effect is fed by a dedicated effect bus, that combines signals from all Parts. Each Part has a Send Level parameter that determines the amount of sound fed into each effect bus, and thus how much each effect is applied to it.

The Insertion effects reside within each Part, and has their settings stored as Voice parameters. These can also be edited in Multi mode, but are not shared with other parts. Only 8 Insertion processors can be used simultaneously on the Motif ES series, so you must decide which Parts (up to 8) get to keep their Insertion effects (on/off) from the EFFECT -> INS SW menu.

Read more about the Motif ES effects here.

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 12, 2023 @ 04:05 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013
Kakdane0852 - 27 June 2022 02:43 AM

Hi Everyone!

If you want to hear 16 instruments each time you play a key on the Motif XS you would have to set those 16 instruments in either song mode or pattern mode all to the same channel. (BTW That’s how performance mode works)

Or you could hear 8 voice multi on the XS by assigning 8 voices to 8 different channels in the Moxtif XF Master Mode.  Now if you’re playing the 16 channels back from Mainstage in some sort of configuration that’s a different story.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ putting a separate sound out to pa
Next Topic:

Balancing main volume between Patterns ››