mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using AF in Performance Mode to switch an effect on and off"

Posted on: April 23, 2022 @ 05:31 AM
PatAzz
Total Posts:  57
Joined  01-25-2011

I’ve searched for this, but can’t find a “how to” on this one.

I use performance mode for live playing and have a separate performance for each song.

I have a tune where one section needs a chorus effect on a Rhodes patch enabled during a bridge, but disabled at other times.

Ideally I’d be able to use AF switch to enable and disable the effect (the light is helpful as well to see if it’s enabled or disabled), but in reading other threads it seems like the AF only applies to elements, not to specific parameters within a patch like enable/disable effect -

Can someone help clarify how I might be able to do this? If not, other alternatives would be appreciated (mod wheel?).

Thanks in advance -
Pat

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2022 @ 06:03 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013
PatAzz - 23 April 2022 05:31 AM

I’ve searched for this, but can’t find a “how to” on this one.

I use performance mode for live playing and have a separate performance for each song.

I have a tune where one section needs a chorus effect on a Rhodes patch enabled during a bridge, but disabled at other times.

Ideally I’d be able to use AF switch to enable and disable the effect (the light is helpful as well to see if it’s enabled or disabled), but in reading other threads it seems like the AF only applies to elements, not to specific parameters within a patch like enable/disable effect -

Can someone help clarify how I might be able to do this? If not, other alternatives would be appreciated (mod wheel?).

Thanks in advance -
Pat

Yes this can be done, which rhodes voice are you using?

It does require that you clone a rhodes element in your rhodes voice to a chorus insert effect and then use the AF switch to turn that element on an off.

It should be straight forward.

[ Ignore ]