mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Connecting M-Audio Midi Keyboard to Motif XS Editor"

Posted on: March 23, 2022 @ 12:07 PM
Trace305
Total Posts:  17
Joined  07-12-2012

Hi all,

My name is Trace. Many years ago I bought a Motif XS8 for studio work, but lately I want to take the sounds with me on the road to do live shows without having to haul the massive keyboard around. I recently bought an M-Audio Oxygen Pro to do midi projects and I feel the device may be a good fit to acheive these live shows. Yet for some reason I am having trouble connecting the keyboard to the Motif XS Editor in the software. Currently the M-Audio is connected via USB, my computer is a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 on it. I’d appreciate any help on this subject.

Thanks!
-Trace

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 11, 2022 @ 06:41 AM
Trace305
Joined  07-12-2012

Dang this makes me sad...Am I really so shackled to Cubase up in here?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 11, 2022 @ 02:04 PM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  163
Joined  10-30-2011

*hmmm* I may be missing something here… Are you trying to play the XS voices from the Oxygen, without having the XS around?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 11, 2022 @ 06:28 PM
Trace305
Joined  07-12-2012

Yes I am. The motif is in another room, but when I go out live I’d prefer the Oxygen for portability. So it’s just the Oxygen and the Motif Editor.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2022 @ 12:09 PM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  163
Joined  10-30-2011

I see how that would be convenient, but you do realize that neither the Oxygen keyboard nor the XS Editor can generate any sound, right?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2022 @ 10:42 AM
hobbit
Total Posts:  65
Joined  06-18-2008

Hi Trace

The Motif XS Editor is not a software instrument, only a tool to edit the parameters of your “real” Motif XS keyboard. It doesn’t contain any wave data and therefore can’t produce any sound. If you want a device that generates Motif XS sounds without being a Motif XS keyboard, look for the Motif-Rack XS.

Best regards, hobbit

[ Ignore ]