mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using Motif-8 with Digitech harmonizer"

Posted on: March 21, 2022 @ 08:21 PM
jgodow60
Total Posts:  30
Joined  07-10-2007

Trying to find the right sweet spot using my Yamaha Motif-8 Classic w/ a fellow bandmate’s Digitech vocal harmonizer.

My Yamaha midi output is set to 1 and Digitech is set to 1 (tried All but no difference)

Playing a basic 4-chord pattern (D-Bm-G-A)
Either the Bm sounds wrong or the G sounds wrong w/ the harmonizer.

The harmonizer works fine w/ my bandmates guitar but trying to use from my Motif.

Any suggestions?

Would the PLV-vh work any better if I can even find a board? and where would the singer need to plug in given we use a separate PA today - ???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2022 @ 10:54 AM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  164
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi,

I’m not very familiar with the Digitech Vocal Harmonizer, but here’s some practical info about the PLG100-VH to consider:

The PLG100-VH will not work when the Motif is in Voice mode, so it will pay off to know your way around Performance mode (Song/Pattern mode is also possible, but I’ll leave that aside for now). Suffice to say that the PLG100-VH has to be set up as an effect in each of the Performance programs, that you wish to use with harmonies during the gig. Have a look at the attached PDF for details on how to do this.

The vocal signal has to somehow reach the input of the Motif, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that the microphone has to be plugged into it. Instead, you could tap the lead vocal channel from the PA mixer using an Aux Send, if available, and plug that into your Motif. In this case, you’ll have to adjust the Lead/Harmony balance in the PLG100-VH setup so that only the harmonies are heard, in order to prevent doubling issues.

The harmony volume has to be controlled from the Motif, unless you’re able to route it separately to the Assignable outputs and let the mixer handle it on a pair of extra channels.

- H -

File Attachments
Motif Power User - PLG100-VH.pdf  (File Size: 50KB - Downloads: 190)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2022 @ 02:50 PM
jgodow60
Total Posts:  30
Joined  07-10-2007

Appreciate your reply.

[ Ignore ]