mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF8 Changes Voice"

Posted on: February 23, 2022 @ 06:52 AM
Paskay22
Total Posts:  3
Joined  02-23-2022

Hello everyone I have a motif XF8 it has been giving me a big challenge for a while. One of the main disturbing issue is that it changes voice on its own when you are playing. For instance,if you are playing Full Concert grand piano it changes to 80s layer. Same applies when using performance mode. Secondly, you can’t change voice from Category Search menu. If you try and want to store it goes back to what it was thirdly, if you want to access utility menu it takes a while before you can have access because the light indicator on pattern menu button pops up or it goes to song menu so you just have to continue pressing utility button until it finally opens. It’s just frustrating. Pls I need help on how to sought out this fault. Some one suggested it could be a software issue that needs update. I don’t know how authentic this is so I need your expert solution. Maybe recommend any Yamaha certified technician if you know any.

Regards

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2022 @ 12:50 PM
RobinVT
Total Posts:  210
Joined  01-16-2012

I need a lot more information.  What mode are you in when playing?  Are you in voice, song, pattern or performance mode?  Do you have an Arp playing at the same time?  Need more data.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2022 @ 11:17 PM
Paskay22
Joined  02-23-2022

Thanks @RobinVT Well I am always on performance mode or Voice mode. I don’t use Arpeggio at the same time when playing . Maybe I can make a short video later and send to you so you can have a better understanding.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2022 @ 11:24 PM
Paskay22
Joined  02-23-2022
RobinVT - 25 February 2022 12:50 PM

I need a lot more information.  What mode are you in when playing?  Are you in voice, song, pattern or performance mode?  Do you have an Arp playing at the same time?  Need more data.

Thanks @RobinVT Well I am always on performance mode or Voice mode. I don’t use Arpeggio at the same time when playing . Maybe I can make a short video later and send to you so you can have a better understanding

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2022 @ 07:28 PM
RobinVT
Total Posts:  210
Joined  01-16-2012

Yes, a video may help.  It is hard to tell what you are experiencing with the changing of the voices by themselves.  That does not seem likely unless there is something physically wrong with the Motif.
Have you done a factory reset?  Try that, but make sure you save an"ALL" file first so you don’t lose any data.
Let me know if that corrects your problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2022 @ 08:53 PM
Tundetprox
Total Posts:  1
Joined  03-04-2022

I have exact same issue, exactly how you have explained. Although I suspect that the tact switches or the encoder may be bad. I’m yet to try that out. Anyone who has got the solution pls kindly help.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Intermitent distorted sound
Next Topic:

Problems connecting Motif XF 6 to mac ››