mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Drum Sample Recommendations"

Posted on: August 04, 2021 @ 08:11 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

now have Flash on my MOXF. I’m quite pleased with the standard array of Voices between the factory presets and Dave Polich’s Vintage Keys, B’s Knees and Axxe libraries.

But I’ve got sample capability now and I’m hoping to finally address one of my few major complaints with the MOXF. Drum Kits. And if the way to do it is to use new samples, I’m all for it as long as it means I can keep working directly on the MOXF with the Flash card.

I’m a drummer and prefer to record my drum parts myself. I can usually get something I’m mildly happy with, but I spend a lot of time on drums and the HI HATS are always the weak link to my ear. There are essentially only three Hi Hat sounds offered and that’s just not enough to create realistic parts. There are many other tonal and physical subtleties that go into a hi-hat part. 

So what’s my next move?  Are there sample drums that offer more programming for the high hat?  Or am I not making full use of the factory voices and drum editing capabilities? 

Any guidance or recommendations is appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Transferring MOXF info to Motif XF
Next Topic:

where is the battery on Moxf 6 ››