mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Controlling volume with pedal on only one voice in performance"

Posted on: May 22, 2021 @ 01:05 PM
DallasXanadu
Total Posts:  76
Joined  05-20-2015

Hey guys. I’ve created a performance with 4 voices, but I want to fade in one of the voices towards the end of the song. I’m using a volume pedal plugged into the “foot controller” jack, it seems to control volume by default on all voices. When I go into “RCV SW” to try and turn off the foot controller pedal for the part of the performance in question, I can’t seem to get it to do what I want. No matter which switch I turn off, the pedal controls the volume on all four parts. I assume FC1 and FC2 control “foot controller” and “assignable”, not necessarily in that order? Any help? Should I be using a different input on the keyboard?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2021 @ 07:01 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
DallasXanadu - 22 May 2021 01:05 PM

Hey guys. I’ve created a performance with 4 voices, but I want to fade in one of the voices towards the end of the song. I’m using a volume pedal plugged into the “foot controller” jack, it seems to control volume by default on all voices.

Indeed, by default the Foot Controller jack is assigned to CC#11 (Expression), and the pedal will control all Parts. That FC1 assignment is fixed.

DallasXanadu -

When I go into “RCV SW” to try and turn off the foot controller pedal for the part of the performance in question, I can’t seem to get it to do what I want. No matter which switch I turn off, the pedal controls the volume on all four parts. I assume FC1 and FC2 control “foot controller” and “assignable”, not necessarily in that order? Any help? Should I be using a different input on the keyboard?

If you change the Foot Controller to CC#4, it becomes FC2, which is assignable. If you assign FC2 to Expression, and then turn on the Receive Switch for only the Part you want the pedal to control (turning it off for the other three Parts), that should
accomplish what you’re looking for.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2021 @ 12:29 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

Wow. Thanks 5pinDIN. Very helpful. But it also illustrates how vague myself and others are about Control Change and Controllers and routing on the MOXF. 

I know all of this can be gleaned from the Owners Manual and Reference Manual but it would be SO cool if there was some kind of graphic illustration with text that one could look at and SEE the interrelation possibilities when working with every CC#s, Assignable (Foot or Button), Foot Controllers, Receive Switch. Kind of like what’s on p. 30 of the Owners Manual but instead of a “hint”, show the entire chain and branching in one chart. 

I know it’s all completely logical, but an illustration (similar to many in the Reference Manual, but even EASIER to scan) showing actual function of each CC, options for utilizing it, then branch to physical hardware (Controller, Button, Assignable) would be not only useful but inspiring. 

Just a wish. I believe others on the this Forum or Yamaha Synth have taken it upon themselves to create charts for Voices by Category, by Hex numeral and so forth. Maybe someone has done the same with Control Changes, Controller options, Assignable possibilities, etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2021 @ 06:56 PM
DallasXanadu
Total Posts:  76
Joined  05-20-2015

Thanks 5pin! I knew there had to be a way to do it, since I do it with the sustain pedal on several performances, but it’s much more straightforward.

[ Ignore ]