mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cannot Hear Loaded Voices from USB"

Posted on: April 11, 2021 @ 02:45 PM
LahontanCut
Total Posts:  4
Joined  03-11-2021

I’m having trouble hearing new voices I loaded from a USB stick.  On my MOXF6 with no flash board, I loaded the non-flash board version of the Granular Voices .X3A files (only one at a time). I used 1BankVoice to send the USB file that is on UserBank4 to my UserBank3. The Waveforms box is unchecked. The files load to my UserBank3 from the USB. But when I try to play them, there is no sound. The preset voices and the voices on UserBank 1 and UserBank2 play as normal.  But no sound at all on any of the Granular Voices in UserBank3.

Is there something I need enable on the MOXF to hear the newly loaded voices?  I have the MOXF In N Out and Discovering MOX videos and reviewed the manual. Any help appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 11, 2021 @ 04:27 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

“Granular Voices” is a sample-based library. A “non-flash” X3A file is designed to load into the 128 MB sample memory that’s standard on a Motif XF. Unfortunately, the MOXF doesn’t have such memory, since it has no sampling capability. Therefore, in order to load the samples and hear the Voices using them, the MOXF has to have a flash module installed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2021 @ 01:29 PM
LahontanCut
Total Posts:  4
Joined  03-11-2021

That makes sense.  Guess it’s time to order that flash board.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOXF Vocoder in Song Mode
Next Topic:

Vintage Keys, Axxe, ››