mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF sync to Reaper DAW?"

Posted on: April 08, 2021 @ 06:04 AM
eisenfarn
Total Posts:  48
Joined  01-24-2011

Here we are again :(, a few years ago I was in a band that needed to use backing tracks just for some extra vocals and some keyboard parts. The backing tracks were on a laptop running the Reaper DAW, which I could sync up to the XF via MTC, this worked really well, I could also get the “Master” section on the XF to change the song in Reaper and the transport cotrols on the keyboard to start stop Reaper. So what I need is to play a song on the XF sequencer synced to a song in Reaper.

XF Settings - Utility, [F5] - control, [SF2] - Midi
Basic receive channel = 1
Keyboard transmit channel = 1
Device number = all

Midi in/out = MTC
Clock out = on
Sequencer control = in/out

MTC start offset = all zeros

The XF is connected to the laptop VIA USB.

When I press play on the XF, it does actually start the song playing in Reaper, but no tempo light on the keyboard and the stop/rewind buttons do not work.

I’ve tried all the settings combinations I can think of with no luck, can anyone please point me in the right direction?, thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2021 @ 06:28 PM
eisenfarn
Total Posts:  48
Joined  01-24-2011

Once again, answering my own questions, I had upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 and the MIDI output from reaper was pointing at the wrong interface :(, all working now :)

[ Ignore ]