mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MoxF6 Locking up/Freezing in Song Mode"

Posted on: April 02, 2021 @ 02:18 PM
prosoloact
Total Posts:  8
Joined  06-12-2020

Anyone else having this problem? Nothing hooked up to it, no flash memory. When I select song one for example, I try to select song 11. The MoXF locks up and won’t respond. Plenty of unused internal memory. Front panel unresponsive. Had to reinitialize it. Now it’s incorrectly playing back a simple, 4 track .smf file. Version 1.12 firmware.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 10, 2021 @ 01:25 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I own a MOXF8 and now another (last I could find) MOXF6 and they are both doing the same thing. I guess you could say they freeze up. Basically, they don’t respond when I tap the forward or reverse button. Won’t respond to Play. I can tap the button 5 times and it’s not like its in the middle of processing anything. I hit the Stop button, to “clear” it, but it basically Plays when it’s good and ready.

What I am also noticing is that it gets hung up in various “executing” jobs that are, in my experience (I’ve had MOX and MOXF keyboards for the last 8 years) NOT something it needs to be doing or taking so much time doing.

If I’m needing to scroll up or down, or change the Cue point turning the wheel does nothing. I have to wait and wait.

I’ve tried saving the Song, because that DOES sometimes help, freeing up processing or whatever. But with these latest MOXFs are NOT proper MOXF’s I could see where someone who doesn’t have a lot of experience with MOX and MOXF might think this sluggishness and endless pauses is “just the nature of the beast”. It is not.

I’m used to flying around on the buttons, Save, Enter, Backward, Forward, after hitting Stop after Recording and the next command is taken instantly. This is not all in my head. I know these keyboards and the rhythm of work they are (or used to be) capable of and there is clearly something WRONG with these last batches, attributable I figure to they’re being phased out and quality control went out the window. If so, shame on you, Yamaha. I’m a die-hard loyal Yammy musician and deserve better. 

I was just coming onto the Forum to get information re: making sure the OS is the latest when I saw this post and decided I would chime in.

I’d sure love to hear from someone at Yamaha about this, cause it ain’t my imagination and I’ve got TWO brand new MOXF’s malfunctioning in the same way.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Assign Knob 1 reverts when changed to Expression
Next Topic:

MOXF Vocoder in Song Mode ››