mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sluggish sequencer"

Posted on: March 18, 2021 @ 04:43 PM
PeteParsons
Total Posts:  144
Joined  08-21-2020

On my ES, my sequencer seems to get bogged down when trying to advance position while in edit mode on a single track while attempting to edit a sequence. Whether it is using the transport to advance to a certain measure or using the arrow to scroll thru the track. It moves measure to measure at a snail’s pace at times.

The only thing I can figure is to reinstall the OS. I will probably load the song on my XS first to see how it performs just in case the song file is the issue which I doubt as it is doing it on different song files.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2021 @ 05:35 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
PeteParsons - 18 March 2021 04:43 PM

On my ES, my sequencer seems to get bogged down when trying to advance position while in edit mode on a single track while attempting to edit a sequence. Whether it is using the transport to advance to a certain measure or using the arrow to scroll thru the track. It moves measure to measure at a snail’s pace at times.

[...]

In my experience that sort of problem is often related to MIDI feedback loops. If you have any external MIDI connections (DIN or USB) to the ES, try disconnecting them and see what happens.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2021 @ 06:40 PM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

I use it as a stand alone. I do have a usb cable attached to my computer for the editor but the computer is off.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2021 @ 08:19 PM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

I pulled the usb cable just to see. Not the issue. I have a feeling I have so many edits and control changes, it may be bogging it down although I don’t think I’m near it’s capacity.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Power Grand and S700 sounds for the ES
Next Topic:

Saving a patch ››