mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif ES8 as Control Surface in Logic (again…)"

Posted on: February 20, 2021 @ 08:17 AM
memarkiam
Total Posts:  140
Joined  06-13-2003

Really weird. All was working fine.

All I can think that I did was switch remote mode off to try some settings in Zone Master mode, but now when I go back to Remote mode, while the transport controls still control playback on Logic, nothing else works.

Playing the keyboard, or using the mod wheel, expression pedal etc - none of this seems to generate any midi data whatsoever. Just the transport controls work.

As far as I can tell it is all setup as it should be: ‘ModeA = Logic Port 4’, but all of a sudden no midi data (apart from transport) is getting from the ES8 to Logic.

I"Ve rebooted Logic, my Mac, the Motif itself, and even reinstalled the Yamaha USB driver. But no luck.

Help!! ;)

Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2021 @ 08:33 AM
memarkiam
Joined  06-13-2003

Hmmm- did I ned up doing something in Master Zone mode that messed it up..??

Maybe, but I can’t think what. I don’t think I made any changes. Def didn’t save anything. But maybe even now in Remote mode it’s still working as a ‘zone’ and somehow the keyboard/CC controlers aren’t sending out midi messages..???

Any help much appreciated!

Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2021 @ 08:36 AM
memarkiam
Joined  06-13-2003

Actually, one other bit of info.

The Motif keyboard seems to be sending out some windowing commands…

Maximise, minimise, open/close additional windows (like pressing the ‘B’ letter on your computer keyboard in Logic).

So weird!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif ES8 .lso for Logic Pro X
Next Topic:

Motif ES6 vs. PowerBook G4 [mLAN issue] ››