mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Removing sampled waveforms"

Posted on: February 17, 2021 @ 03:41 PM
PeteParsons
Total Posts:  144
Joined  08-21-2020

I loaded 3 pianos from original motif. Natural Grand, Power Grand and Concerto.They all use the same sample. When loading as a voice, the same sample gets reloaded 3x. So I changed the sample element in each voice to reflect sample 1 so I could eliminate the duplicate sample in 2 and 3 and free up sample memory. With the ES, I used to be able to eliminate those redundant samples. I can’t seem to figure out how to do it on the XS. Any thoughts?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2021 @ 05:35 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I presume by “sample” that you mean “Waveform” (they’re not the same thing in “Yamaha speak"). Waveforms can be deleted using an Integrated Sampling Job.

Press [INTEGRATED SAMPLING] > [JOB] > [F2]Waveform
Select 02: Delete
Select the Waveform number you want to delete
Etc.

Deleting a Waveform also eliminates all associated KeyBanks and Samples.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2021 @ 06:39 PM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

I’ll check that out. Then what is sample in yamaha terms? I m guessing when you record a sound to make a sample while a waveform is a prexisting sound that you load. Is that correct?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2021 @ 09:23 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
PeteParsons - 17 February 2021 06:39 PM

I’ll check that out. Then what is sample in yamaha terms? I m guessing when you record a sound to make a sample while a waveform is a prexisting sound that you load. Is that correct?

A Sample is a digital audio recording of a sound. At that level it’s not specialized for a Motif.

A KeyBank is a Sample (or two, if stereo) along with data that defines note range and velocity range.

A Waveform is data that organizes one or more KeyBanks so that a Motif Voice can use it.

Waveforms can either be found in libraries or created by your Motif. Waveform data is small in size compared to Samples or KeyBanks, and can exist independently of them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2021 @ 09:56 PM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

Thanks for the info.

I tried the job delete function. I chose waveform 2 as it was redundant. I got a message that the sample was protected. I clearly remember being able to eliminate redundant waveforms on the ES to maintain greater sample memory as long as I assigned the same duplicated waveforms to all instruments involved. In other words I edited each voice and changed the waveform number in this case all to #1.So the duplicated waveforms in 2 & 3 were not necessary.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2021 @ 10:10 PM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

I got it. I had to use F2 the waveform tab in order to delete. By default it was in the keybank tab.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2021 @ 10:14 PM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

If I use the optimize memory or delete same name waveforms, I need to reassign those redundant waveforms in each voice first, correct? Or is the motif smart enough to do that for me automatically?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2021 @ 11:40 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
PeteParsons - 17 February 2021 10:14 PM

If I use the optimize memory or delete same name waveforms, I need to reassign those redundant waveforms in each voice first, correct? Or is the motif smart enough to do that for me automatically?

Memory optimization is like defragmenting a disk drive - some space may be gained. No Waveforms are removed or renumbered.

If you…
Press [INTEGRATED SAMPLING] > [JOB] > [F3]Other
Select 03: Delete Same Name Waveforms
Etc.
...then the Motif will keep track of things and re-point Voice Elements to the proper Waveform number if it gets changed in the process.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2021 @ 02:44 AM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

Sweet.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Loading ES voices into XS
Next Topic:

ASCII question ››