mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "“Stop” Control Change Message"

Posted on: February 13, 2021 @ 08:18 PM
cal900
Total Posts:  33
Joined  08-12-2013

Greetings!  Is there a way to record a transport “stop” into a Motif XF sequence by a control change message or the like?  I looked around for a while, but it seems to evade research.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2021 @ 09:47 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

There are System Real-Time Messages…
Start Sequence is FA in hex (or 250 decimal)
Continue Sequence is FB in hex (or 251 decimal)
Stop Sequence is FC in hex (or 252 in decimal)
...but they can only be sent to the XF from an external source, not inserted as an event in a sequence.

However, depending on what your needs are, there’s something that might do the trick. The foot switch can be used to start and stop a sequence. To do so, the switch should be connected to the ASSIGNABLE FOOT SWITCH jack, and Foot Switch Control No. in Utility mode should be set to “097 Play/Stop”. See page 230 of the XF Reference Manual.

Set up that way, first depression of the switch will start the sequence. The next switch operation will stop/(pause) the sequence. Depressing the switch again will continue the sequence from the point it was paused. And so on…

Of course, the XF’s SEQ TRANSPORT controls will still operate, so if you need to restart the sequence from the beginning you can just press the [▐◄ ] button.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2021 @ 11:07 PM
cal900
Total Posts:  33
Joined  08-12-2013

This is exactly what I needed.  The footswitch answer is a better way to cure the problem than I ever would have expected to be available.  Thanks so very much 5pinDIN.  I appreciate all the time taken to think of the answers of so many of these problems, and then take the time to type out the solutions.  You’re a rock star to so many in the Motif Community!  God bless you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2021 @ 02:48 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
cal900 - 13 February 2021 11:07 PM

This is exactly what I needed.  The footswitch answer is a better way to cure the problem than I ever would have expected to be available.  Thanks so very much 5pinDIN.  I appreciate all the time taken to think of the answers of so many of these problems, and then take the time to type out the solutions.  You’re a rock star to so many in the Motif Community!  God bless you!

I’m glad that was helpful, and thanks for the kind words.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Feels Like The First Time Synth Bridge Voice
Next Topic:

Midi Out Range? ››