mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Song Mode Titles change Song Data Doesn’t"

Posted on: February 11, 2021 @ 05:27 PM
Wondering_
Total Posts:  17
Joined  02-05-2013

Hello.
My Motif XF is 10 years old. Just curious how expensive it’s going to be. :)
In Song Mode, the first song title and the data (midi data and instrument selections) shows up correctly and plays correctly.
Now comes the problem.
When advancing to Song #2 and on and on, the Titles change as they should, but the midi data and selection of instruments remains song number one.  YiKes!
I can scroll through all the available songs, titles change, data and instruments, still song one!
In my mild panic, I forgot to mention, all I need to do for each song to be correct, is to select a song number, then leave and press Voice, then return and all is well.
Thanks for any advice in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2021 @ 06:10 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

That’s certainly an unusual situation. It’s one I’ve never before heard of.

Before going any further…
Disconnect all cables and pedals except for audio output (L/MONO and R, or PHONES). Check the Song mode behavior again, and let us know what happens.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2021 @ 06:54 PM
Wondering_
Joined  02-05-2013

Hello 5pin thanks for your swift reply.
This is what I’ve done so far;
I did an all-file backup and then placed the thumb drive into another XF to check and see what happens if I Load that all-file into that machine. After doing an all-file first of the second XF, I was free to experiment with the All File from the sick XF. :)
The second XF plays and acts fine. It’s only 3 years newer.
So getting back to the first XF, after doing the above mentioned, I then did a Factory Reset checking the Os afterwards, v1.5. Now with an empty board void of all demo songs and patterns returning the sequencer memory back down to 2kb, I loaded one of the 7 unfinished project songs back in using
File > Song
Initially I know after a Factory Reset it usually requires turning the board off and back on and then to make sure all the factory content is present and functional.
It looked pretty good until I loaded another song from the all file. Now I’m back to where I was.
Below is a little information on how I use these XF’s. I never let the sequencer get past 50%. I do tweak instruments while in Mixing mode saving probably too many (2-3 per song) from the mixing mode.
Also I record, mix and edit while in Master mode that has been running fine until now.
That’s about as hard on it as I’ve been.
Lastly, this particular XF has not been used for several months and in the off position covered with it’s dust cover plugged in to a belkin surge protector into an outlet inside of a residential dwelling with a Leviton Whole House surge box connected to the panel box.
I just fired it up today using the oldest Mac I’ve got that’s dead in the water of OS upgrades still running High Sierra with a trusty Firewire port (no adaptors!) in the XF. No Monitors used only headphones and a half damper pedal.
This XF has been problem free for 10 years never leaving the studio in a room with zero fluids and smoke.
If I never hear from you again, I’ll understand ;-)))
Luckily, I do have an XF 88 as well as a 61 to use.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2021 @ 08:31 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Wondering_ - 11 February 2021 06:54 PM

Hello 5pin thanks for your swift reply.
This is what I’ve done so far;
I did an all-file backup and then placed the thumb drive into another XF to check and see what happens if I Load that all-file into that machine. After doing an all-file first of the second XF, I was free to experiment with the All File from the sick XF. :)
The second XF plays and acts fine. It’s only 3 years newer.
So getting back to the first XF, after doing the above mentioned, I then did a Factory Reset checking the Os afterwards, v1.5. Now with an empty board void of all demo songs and patterns returning the sequencer memory back down to 2kb, I loaded one of the 7 unfinished project songs back in using
File > Song
Initially I know after a Factory Reset it usually requires turning the board off and back on and then to make sure all the factory content is present and functional.
It looked pretty good until I loaded another song from the all file. Now I’m back to where I was.
Below is a little information on how I use these XF’s. I never let the sequencer get past 50%. I do tweak instruments while in Mixing mode saving probably too many (2-3 per song) from the mixing mode.
Also I record, mix and edit while in Master mode that has been running fine until now.
That’s about as hard on it as I’ve been.
Lastly, this particular XF has not been used for several months and in the off position covered with it’s dust cover plugged in to a belkin surge protector into an outlet inside of a residential dwelling with a Leviton Whole House surge box connected to the panel box.
I just fired it up today using the oldest Mac I’ve got that’s dead in the water of OS upgrades still running High Sierra with a trusty Firewire port (no adaptors!) in the XF. No Monitors used only headphones and a half damper pedal.
This XF has been problem free for 10 years never leaving the studio in a room with zero fluids and smoke.
If I never hear from you again, I’ll understand ;-)))
Luckily, I do have an XF 88 as well as a 61 to use.

Nice long post. If I read it correctly, there’s no indication that you did what I suggested.  :-)

I’ll give it one more try…
What happens if you disconnect MIDI, USB, FireWire, foot switches/pedals from the XF and see how it behaves?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2021 @ 08:40 PM
Wondering_
Joined  02-05-2013

Oh, those were the very first things I did.
sorry for not being clear.
(it seems today is humbling with the loss of Chick Corea. It makes my needs and wants very unimportant at the moment)

The Best to you 5pin....
Talk with you later if you like?
Bye for now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2021 @ 09:18 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Thanks for the information. I have a few suggestions…
1) Turn the XF on and leave it powered for several hours. Electrolytic capacitors can develop problems when circuits are left unpowered for extended periods, and sometimes that’s corrected by voltage applied for a while.

2) Try reinstalling the operating system.

3) Try removing the FW board and flash module(s) if installed.

Recheck operation after each above step. Let us know.

If there’s no change in operation, the built-in diagnostic tests might reveal something.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2021 @ 10:01 PM
Wondering_
Joined  02-05-2013
5pinDIN - 11 February 2021 09:18 PM

Thanks for the information. I have a few suggestions…
1) Turn the XF on and leave it powered for several hours. Electrolytic capacitors can develop problems when circuits are left unpowered for extended periods, and sometimes that’s corrected by voltage applied for a while.

2) Try reinstalling the operating system.

3) Try removing the FW board and flash module(s) if installed.

Recheck operation after each above step. Let us know.

If there’s no change in operation, the built-in diagnostic tests might reveal something.

Thanks very much 5pin you are the Best!
I will certainly try these asap.
Thanks man. :)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ DAW control of motif
Next Topic:

Can I save 1 voice bank with a sample on it to usb drive? ››