mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "pattern chain to song"

Posted on: February 04, 2021 @ 01:55 PM
southpoint
Total Posts:  24
Joined  05-01-2006

I tried to use the pattern chain to song option. I was thinking I would be presented with filling in a simple sequence of a,b,c,d,b,d,e. Instead, I had to keep a running total account of measure numbers along with the section letters. Is that how it works? Or is there another way? The length of each section is already defined - so I am curious why I need to keep track of that kind of thing. I gave it a try, but after I put the chain together, I encountered some kind note overwrite problem (probably from the phrase copy issue from my earlier post). But - at the time I thought it was a chain issue. I never could figure it out - so quite a bit of time was wasted. But - I’m still curious about the pattern to song process.
Thx
IW

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2021 @ 03:22 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Reading between the lines, it seems that you’re using Chain Edit to create the Chain. If so, there’s a faster way…
See Pattern Chain Recording in Realtime on pages 172-173 of the XF Reference Manual. If the realtime Chain recording isn’t perfect, then of course you could either rerecord it or edit. See pages 173-175.

By the way, I suggest that you STORE a copy of anything important to more than one Pattern or Song location. That way, if EDIT and STORE operations accidentally overwrite something you needed, you can retrieve the previous version stored elsewhere.

[ Ignore ]