mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "pattern mode progression"

Posted on: February 04, 2021 @ 01:42 PM
southpoint
Total Posts:  24
Joined  05-01-2006

I tried hard to use the pattern mode - to ultimately develop into a “song”. Creating the initial sections was fun and easy for multiple channels. I quickly had problems though - when I tried to create new sections and copy forward work already developed. I wanted to copy a section A into a B - but I didn’t want it linked to A. When I modified B - I didn’t want it to affect A. What is the best way to copy without linking? I tried the pattern job copy-phrase option - and I was confronted with a pop up copy phrase blank “pattern” box ... and a phrase number box . The blank pattern box seems to want to have something entered in it - but no matter what I press - it stays blank. I don’t understand that box. What is the blank box trying to tell me? However - I am also confronted with the phrase numbers. My understanding is - I have to make sure I am copying from the correct phrase number , and then I have to find a phrase number that doesn’t conflict with with any other phrase number. This became cumbersome quickly - I suspect at some point I overwrote another phrase - and to be honest I couldn’t recover. I was making changes… and other notes in other channels were randomly changing.
Is there a better way to copy from 1 section to another?
Or - maybe I don’t understand the workflow options. By copying forward - I want for example the same basic drum phrase - but I want to change a fill or something. I don’t want all sections to have the same fill.
Thx
IW

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2021 @ 03:33 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You might find this support article helpful:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/tweak_of_the_week_understanding_the_motif_xs_copy_jobs

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ computer midi to motif xf song sequence?
Next Topic:

pattern chain to song ››